Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Anyone switch from Cablevision to U-verse?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 08:08 PM
MVDESQ
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone switch from Cablevision to U-verse?

They just added U-verse to my street. Anyone leave Cablevision for U-Verse? If so, any regrets? The Optimum interface is slow and feels out of date, plus I like the concept of 4 shows recording at once and all linked together. Is the sound good on U-Verse? I am afraid of tiling like on dishes. Plus, I'll lose Howard TV.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:59 PM
MVDESQ
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went to check out the Uverse last night at the AT&T store in the mall. I really liked the interface and the fact that DIY Network is on it. However, I thought the picture was a lot slower than the Cablevision picture to fill-in and I noticed tiling to a degree. I think I will stay with what we have. I just wish Cablevision would get a faster more useful interface.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:01 PM
sump oil recycling
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

nice
Old 04-25-2011, 06:06 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 37 Posts

I went from Directv to UVerse and have no regrets whatsoever.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Kevinmacd
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I switched to U-Verse, they rewired my etire house to Cat5. I originally had Comcast, and there is no looking back! Cool thing is ATT offers signup promos, when they expire I have gone back requesting the latest promos, and they do it. The only thing is if you have HDTV you have to pay extra to get those channels. But overall the DVD is exceptioonal, you can record multiple programs, and watch different ones in other rooms. I also like the quality , the customer service, the price (TV and internet). Hardly ever goes out from weather conditions!

Quick Reply: Anyone switch from Cablevision to U-verse?