Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Audio Gurus, RCA output options

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 12:06 AM
5ivelug_ek
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio Gurus, RCA output options

I am trying to install a small subwoofer in my 01 Turbo. CDR 220 has the option for an RCA lowout harness which i purchased from Becker. Problem is there is already a plug in the slot where this harness plugs in that goes to the factory amp for the rest of the speakers. At this point i do not want to upgrade the factory amp, speakers, or head unit. What are my options? Here is what i am looking at if this helps.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:11 AM
5ivelug_ek
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok well nvm. i figured it out. so for those of you who may want to know, this is what you need:

you will only need the red plug and the one brown plug from the second set of harnesses. this one will plug into kammer B in the back of the radio.

second you will take the red plug and cut off the rca plugs. solder the leads from the brown plug to the leads left on the red plug. the colors will all match up. ie: teal-teal; gray-gray. wire all the grounds (colored wire with black stripe) to the solid black wire on the brown plug. you will need to run the remote (solid blue) wire to the remote lead on the lowout harness.

Harness "A" now plugs into the red plug. The Lowout Harness plugs into the Lineout slot in the back of the radio.

you will now have a plug and play harness to run your factory amplified speakers and a separate amp to power a subwoofer. I hope this helps someone down the line.

Quick Reply: Audio Gurus, RCA output options