Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Cassette tapes to digital

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 12:03 AM
vze2jshn
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Cassette tapes to digital

I have cassette tapes I made from vinyl and CDs on my bang and olufsen Beomaster 3300. I think they sound very good in my 928 and 944 but I would like to convert them to digital so I can download them through my PC to an Ipod and through an auxiliary cable play them in the cars. I've seen some converters that look like portable cassette players and I am wondering if these converters will give me a decent replication of the sound from metallic cassettes to the Ipod ? Does anyone have experience in this regard? Any comments or opinions are greatly appreciated.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:21 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Nakamichi Dragon ( or Rx-505 ) would be the best cassette playback device IMHO...then just take the line level analog outputs to your ADC of choice....

I never got to own a Dragon, but I do have an RX-505 stored downstairs with all my other audio gear.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:32 AM
vze2jshn
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks but I was looking at devices for $60. or so not $800. I am not and audiophile- just trying to get the cassettes on an ipod sounding good enough for listening in the car.

Quick Reply: Cassette tapes to digital