Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 11:16 AM
eyeslasher1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help!

What is the best wedding anniversary gift you've gotten from your wife? Husband is absolutely obsessed with anything Porsche - if I had the money to send him to stuttgart to tour the plant, I would in a heart beat, however, for now Ill have to settle for something a little less expensive and more local. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Jane
Old 10-17-2010, 02:06 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 135 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by eyeslasher1
What is the best wedding anniversary gift you've gotten from your wife? Husband is absolutely obsessed with anything Porsche - if I had the money to send him to stuttgart to tour the plant, I would in a heart beat, however, for now Ill have to settle for something a little less expensive and more local. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Jane
Jane, just FYI, you've posted in the audio/video portion of the Rennlist site so I'm not sure how much play your request will get. But I'll answer anyway.

The best anniversary present I ever got was a gift certificate for a high performance driving course. As a Porsche nut your husband would no doubt love one of the Porsche Sport Driving classes but they are fairly expensive and probably not near you. I've included a link just for fun.

http://www.porschedriving.com/Course...--Pricing.aspx

But it's possible that one of the other major driving schools (Jim Russell, Bob Bondurant, Skip Barber for example) is nearby and they typically offer introductory courses that are somewhat less expensive than the Porsche school, especially if he brings his own car. They may not be Porsche specific, but if he loves Porsches, then he loves to drive, and we all want to learn to drive our cars better. Plus these schools are a blast and a great experience.

Don't know if this idea fits your needs and budget, but you asked what my best present was, and this was it! Good luck with your plans; your husband is obviously a lucky guy.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:52 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 128 Posts

My wfie got me the Porsche Sport Driving School as a gift. By far the best present ever...better than any watch and so forth I ever received.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:32 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
My wfie got me the Porsche Sport Driving School as a gift. By far the best present ever...better than any watch and so forth I ever received.
Yes Mikey ...... you really need more track days ......
Old 10-17-2010, 09:52 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 128 Posts

Wayne I was at Sebring last weekend and i have 5 more track days booked till the end of the end of the year.....love it!
Old 10-21-2010, 02:35 PM
tightbox
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, please PM me re: the durametric/obd cable if you still have it. Thanks!
Old 10-21-2010, 02:42 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

eyeslasher1 - we could help more if you'd give us an idea of what the budget is. The Porsche Driving School is fantastic but costs over $3,000. A price range would help.

Best,
Old 10-21-2010, 04:01 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

A pair of BAT Rex Power Monoblock tube amps? They're only 30K... ;-)

disclaimer, I am not married and have never received these as an anniversary gift, but I sure would like to...

Quick Reply: Help!