Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

PCM 3.1 BOSE CarPlay Sound Quality

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2024, 04:26 PM
Teeguzi
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PCM 3.1 BOSE CarPlay Sound Quality

Hello Everyone,

Based on everything I've read here and other sites about CarPlay adapters for PCM 3.1, you can add a board with no external box and have digital to analog conversion occur (GTA, ISUDAR, Motive Supplies) or add board and external box (Mr12Volt) and remain completely digital.

Wondering if anyone's had the opportunity to compare the sound quality of the available CarPlay adapters for PCM 3.1 digital/analog vs pure digital? Is there really a big difference in sound quality?

Staying all digital seems great but I am less than thrilled about having an external box rattling around in my steering column or stashed away in a foot well. Honestly I barely use the stereo in my Cayman but like the idea of having CarPlay available.

Any input or advice is appreciated.

Cheers!
Old 04-25-2024, 06:00 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 132 Likes on 100 Posts

Hello,

The sound quality is different for sure. If you have the mr12volt and any other system side by side you will know it.

At no point is the box "rattling around". There are 3 locations where you can mount the box, depending your configuration of your dash, and none of them make noise.

The install is also not hard. I do them in the shop in under 2 hours.

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

COUPON CODE "toys" FOR FREE INSTALL KIT!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP