Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Mostly non-functional radio / infotainment PCM system...

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2023, 06:29 PM
JPPoulin
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Mostly non-functional radio / infotainment PCM system...

Hello fabulous Porsche pros!

The radio / infotainment PCM system onboard my 2013 Porsche Boxster S is now mostly dysfunctional! The following features no longer work:
- I can pair my phone but can no longer select 'Aux Bluetooth' so my phone controls the music.
- I can make a phone call with the PCM still managing the call but the other person can't hear me and I can't hear them.
- No sound is heard on the speakers regardless of input function or volume.
- Pressing the 'Source' button multiple times, I cannot change the 'source input'... no matter what I select between AM / FM / Satellite / Disc / Jukebox / Aux / Aux Bluetooth it always returns to what was there before (radio)
- Similarly, pressing the 'Tuner' button to cycle between AM / FM / Sat or Disk / Jukebox / Aux / Aux BT does not change the input
- Trying to scan for radio stations, only one is found and I cannot hear it anyways as there is no volume!

The following still appears to work:
- The map and navigation functions.
- I can pair / unpair Bluetooth devices
- Most other controls to configure the sound, the map options, the phone options, the car compass, etc

All of this happened about a half and a month ago, and I think all of the above symptoms all showed up at the same time (as opposed to increasing dysfunction over time)

I have tried resetting the PCM with the 'Factory Reset' and 'Vehicle Handover' several times and no dice. (I have also tried two different cell phones with same problems). I also notice that my phone can pair for audio and calls so I don't think it's related to either my cell phones but the problem is probably on the car's side.

Thoughts?