Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Backup Camera Image Too Bright in the Sun with NM Automotive CarPlay Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2020, 01:14 AM
CraigSS
6th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Backup Camera Image Too Bright in the Sun with NM Automotive CarPlay Retrofit

I've got a question for other's with the NM Automotive CarPlay/Android Retrofit. I just installed this unit last week. Overall, I'm very impressed with it. That includes the installation instructions, the overall features and integration of the package and the tech support when needed. The one issue that has me less than fully satisfied is the image when using the backup camera. It works great in the shade, but if the sun is behind me when backing up or just shining brightly on something behind me, the mage becomes totally saturated so that details can be lost entirely. I am using the same camera sensor that I use with an Alpine CarPlay unit in another car. With the Alpine CarPlay unit it works great, but not on my Porsche with the NM Auto retrofit. I tried a different camera sensor today and it was just as bad if not worse. See photos below.

Are others using the NM Automotive retrofit having the same issue? Any suggestions?
-----------------------------
Backup up into the sun in an asphalt parking lot.

Comparison of Alpine CarPlay (left) and NM Auto CarPlay retrofit (right) taken from the exact same location both using the same model camera sensor.

Quick Reply: Backup Camera Image Too Bright in the Sun with NM Automotive CarPlay Retrofit