Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

981 - Interference/squeaking/hissing while using bluetooth to make calls

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 02:30 AM
Kayman
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 981 - Interference/squeaking/hissing while using bluetooth to make calls

This is a crosspost from the 981 forum. Probably a better fit here since this is audio forum.

I just bought a 2016 CGTS which makes a weird hissing or interference noise while I am on a phone call over the car's bluetooth. The noise starts when I initiate the call by pressing dial, it stays active as long as the phone call is active and when the other party speaks the hissing spikes or increases. The noise is a combination of hissing, interference and speaking - almost like a dial up modem. The noise is strong enough to be very bothersome. This only occurs when I make call - the Bose audio works great and there is no noise when I just play music. As soon as I get a call, the noise resumes. The noise volume increases when I turn up the speaker volume and decreases when I turn it down, however turning the volume to 0 still produces some minimum sound that is annoying enough.

Is this a common phenomena? What should I do? Is there something I can do to diagnose?
Old 05-17-2019, 09:01 AM
12magnetite
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've noticed the same thing in my car. I also hear a faint beeping sometimes.

2015 Cayman S, PCM 3.1. iPhone 8+
Old 05-17-2019, 09:02 AM
12magnetite
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've noticed the same thing sometimes. Not all the time though. I even hear a faint beeping as well.

2015 Cayman S, PCM 3.1, Bose Audio, iPhone 8+

Quick Reply: 981 - Interference/squeaking/hissing while using bluetooth to make calls