Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Sirius Starmate REMOVAL from 04' CTT

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 08:41 PM
mspa
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius Starmate REMOVAL from 04' CTT

Call me crazy, but I'm pulling a Sirius Starmate from my 2004 CTT. I plan on getting a new unit closer to Christmas, and the jinky setup someone did putting this in here bugs me like a hangnail I have to wait to deal with later.

I removed the antenna wire on the outside of the car, and as you can see from the photo below, what is left, routes behind the plastic trim panel by the glove box ... I'm hoping it doesn't route above that, and rather under the carpet, so I got to figure out the best way to remove trim and/or carpet without making this a 2 hour ordeal.

The other picture shows the mounting bracket for the sat unit, which I'm pretty sure is behind the upper head unit screw and seat heat control strip ... I did find a few vid's on removing the head unit. Nowhere does it mentioning disconnecting the battery, so I assume trusting the head unit connectors is safe enough. However, I am hoping someone can tell me how they think this is connected, based off experience.

This pic shows the antenna ...

This image shows where the power wire to the satellite unit is hanging out the side of the console ... I hope the other end plugs into the head unit ... and if so, hoping someone didn't crimp on a new connector. The install manual for this satellite unit (that I found) shows a power line with power plug connector, which doesn't help.

Last edited by mspa; 08-08-2018 at 08:46 PM. Reason: clarify detail
Old 08-17-2018, 05:29 PM
mspa
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Moderator, you can delete this thread. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Sirius Starmate REMOVAL from 04' CTT