Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Porsche Connect/Car Connect/Wifi Services

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 02:12 PM
Harakiri
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Porsche Connect/Car Connect/Wifi Services

Hello everyone, pleasure to be a part of the forums.

Over the time I have acquire my Porsche, I have had the opportunity to do a lot of digging of the Porsche Connect Plus Packages services.
I'd be more than happy to assist you all by clearing and clarifying a lot of questions you may all have with these services that at times are not presented, activated, or even properly introduce at the dealerships.
I will be providing a quick explanation of the services below that way some basic answers can be answered, as well as some DON'Ts when activating the services.

Porsche Connect: These are the Navigation and Infotainment services that will be showing in the APPS screen and the NAV/MAPS screen in the module screen unit of your Porsche. The services are complimentary for 1 whole year since the day of activation. The application to align with these services is the Porsche Connect app but it will be limited to only allowing you to the NAV icon option. The only functions momentarily are to input Fav destinations and send it to your Porsche. I am being told that the Porsche Connect and the Car Connect app are being fused together for future use, should be updated with the 2019 Cayenne introduction.

Car Connect: These are your remote services that allow the customer through the Porsche Car Connect app (DO NOT CONFUSED THIS FOR THE PORSCHE CONNECT SERVICES OR PORSCHE CONNECT APP). The Car Connect services are divided in 3 different services: Remote (Which customers have access for a complimentary year trial, has to be activated at the dealership), Security, and Safety. Remote services allow customers to keep track of the vehicle, miles, tyre pressure, petrol range, trip information, geo-fencing, speed-fencing, locking the doors, and folding the side mirrors. Hybrids have access for ventilation services if available.

WIFI: I will explain the wifi options for the U.S. first and then followed by Canadian options.

Canada: Canadian customers that would like to have access to the Porsche Connect services need to acquire an external sim card from any of their local conenctivity providers.

U.S: In the U.S. customers with 16/17 models only have access to either using their mobile hotspot or the external ATT sim card that is provided by the dealership (ONLY ATT SIM CARDS CAN BE USE, ANY OTHER SIM CARD WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY THE VEHICLE) which has a complimentary 3gb or 3 month Data trial. Once the trial is done the customer will have to start a payment contract with ATT through their Connectivity division (1-800-595-1334). 18 and future models and have an embedded sim card which is part of their Porsche Connect package. This embedded sim card will have the same trial period as the Porsche Connect services which are complimentary for 1 year. (FOR HOTSPOT ACCESS IN THE 18 AND FUTURE MODELS, YOU NEED AN EXTERNAL ATT SIM CARD WHICH CAN BE PROVIDED BY YOUR DEALERSHIP). The external ATT sim card has a complimentary trial for 3gb or 3 month and once finished the cust will have to start a payment plan with ATT.

THESE SERVICES ARE NOT ALIGN TO ONE ANOTHER, PORSCHE CONNECT AND CAR CONNECT ARE ACTIVATED BY DIFFERENT ACTIONS.

How to properly register for Porsche Connect/Car Connect and DON'TS

Car Connect: These services are activated at the dealership, it CANNOT be done remote or via phone. The car has to be present at the dealership to activate the services. Create a profile in the following site: pcc.vodafonetelematics.com Once completed you will have a Vehicle Installation Code that starts with a "y". Code is to be provided to your dealership with the car for installation, schedule an appointment before going to the dealership unless vehicle is at the dealership then just provide code before delivery.

Porsche Connect: DO NOT SELF CREATE AN ACCOUNT ON THE MYPORSCHE SITE. The way to activate the Porsche Connect services are by receiving an email invitation to register your MyPorsche/Porsche ID account. Please use a computer or laptop when registering and not a cell phone or tablet device. I would highly recommend for you to have these services activated before leaving the dealership that way you have access to the Navigation and App services when heading out.

Any other questions please feel happy to ask me, I will be in and out of this forum.
The following users liked this post:
Prontissimo (08-01-2021)
Old 08-01-2021, 06:20 PM
Prontissimo
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great post Harakiri, thanks for sharing your experience on both US and CA services.

Quick Reply: Porsche Connect/Car Connect/Wifi Services