Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Ripping CD's to FLAC files

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 07:05 PM
Tonydec
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Ripping CD's to FLAC files

Any recommendations and experiences for a FLAC program? I have an extensive CD collection I want to rip into FLAC files to use on my new digital audio player.

As an example "Exact Audio Copy," read reviews saying it was bloatware full of ads, and that it also downloads ad programs that were very difficult to remove even after removing Exact Audio Copy. Anyone experience that?

TIA
Old 02-15-2018, 08:42 PM
destroid
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I use EAC to rip and Foobar2000 for playing and tagging on Windows. Bit perfect.

Foobar to convert to AAC or mp3 to dump into iTunes for mobile.

Hydrogenaudio forums has good advice on the proper EAC Version etc.
Old 02-16-2018, 04:34 PM
Tonydec
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

Thanks Destroid. EAC seems to be one of the most popular, just wondering if there are others out there that folks have had experience with. I won't be converting to MP3 or iTunes, as a matter of fact I'm trying to dump iTunes. From my understanding, I can just use winamp after the FLAC rip. My player reads FLAC so I'm wondering if I would even need to do that. I'm somewhat pretty new to this higher res portable digital thing. I was using an iPod with an external DAC, but got to be a hassle with multiple devices, connectors, etc., especially within the confines of an airplane seat. I went to an all in one DAP to try and simplify things with higher resolution, without the proprietary issues of Apple products. I can easily use any music files on a micro sd card through multiple devices like laptop, tablet, cell, DAP, vehicle etc. that I can't do with Apple.

Quick Reply: Ripping CD's to FLAC files