Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible to buff out scratches on clear bra?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 04:11 PM
vettenomore
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Possible to buff out scratches on clear bra?

Had a glob of something on low part of hood that thought was a bug. Use detailing spray and microfiber towel to rub off. I now think it was a drop of blacktop used on a road near my house. My rubbing put several scratches in clear bra. I've tried Scratch-X and NXT which helped slightly. Any other suggestions or just replace clear bra? Thanks
Old 07-08-2017, 06:00 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,195 Likes on 2,183 Posts

What brand of clear bra? If XPEL or Suntek, it should be self healing. Let it sit out in the sun, or put some hot water on it, and that should remove them. If another brand, then yes, you could probably lightly polish it out. Or continue to polish with what you were using. If that still didn't work, or somehow caused more damage, then yes, you could simply replace.
Old 07-09-2017, 06:35 PM
vettenomore
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
What brand of clear bra? If XPEL or Suntek, it should be self healing. Let it sit out in the sun, or put some hot water on it, and that should remove them. If another brand, then yes, you could probably lightly polish it out. Or continue to polish with what you were using. If that still didn't work, or somehow caused more damage, then yes, you could simply replace.

Thank you you for the response! I'm not sure what brand of bra it is - it was on car when I got the car. Let car sit in the sun a couple hours, then after cooling, applied several more layers of NXT. The scratches are greatly reduced now and I have to look hard to find them. Thanks again for the tip!

Quick Reply: Possible to buff out scratches on clear bra?