Sponsored by:

System fault Visit Workshop

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 02:16 PM
mprsev
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default System fault Visit Workshop

I became victim to the infamous "System fault Visit Workshop" error in addition to "Headlight beam adjustment faulty". This is on my 997.2 Turbo. Unlike others I was not buffing or polishing my car. Instead I simply started my car in the morning and up popped the error messages on my dash. Coincidentally I also noticed that my Homelink also stopped working.

I have been researching threads and perhaps I need to replace my front control module but I am not sure. I do have a Cobb Accessport and it shows a variety of errors that do not map to anything I can find online Instrument Cluster, Gateway, Front Body Module, Ox5F1, Stability, Elec.

Has anyone else had success using something like the iCarsoft device to reset the module? I don't think the Cobb Accessport has this ability.

Thanks in advance for any additional insight.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:28 PM
monty007
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would strongly recommend getting a Durametric to get accurate codes so you can properly diagnose. Have you ever had any water issues? I would start with the fuses and check each one. Could be something simple like a partially blown fuse. I would also check the grounds on the chassis for rust. Simple stuff before you start replacing modules, etc.

Good luck and post back your findings!
Old 07-07-2017, 06:13 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by monty007
I would strongly recommend getting a Durametric to get accurate codes so you can properly diagnose. Have you ever had any water issues? I would start with the fuses and check each one. Could be something simple like a partially blown fuse. I would also check the grounds on the chassis for rust. Simple stuff before you start replacing modules, etc.

Good luck and post back your findings!
How would you find a partially blown fuse? It's either blown or it isn't, isn't it?

I had that Headlight beam faulty code out of the blue the other day as well. I hadn't driven the car for 6 weeks at the time, but when I stopped and restarted the car the warning was gone. Lucky for now......maybe
Old 07-07-2017, 06:59 AM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Like a partial virgin? Lol
Old 07-07-2017, 02:32 PM
monty007
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by atcbi5
Like a partial virgin? Lol
It's called "just the tip". LOL.

Joking aside I did have a couple of Honda's that I used to race that the fuse was intermittently going on and off - don't know how else to expain it. Traced the wires, replaced wires, changed modules, etc. Turned out the fuse was wonky.
Old 07-25-2017, 02:42 PM
mprsev
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought I would update this thread even though it is a bit embarrassing. Unlike others that posted my issue turned out to be a blown fuse "c6" which I swear I checked in my search for an easy culprit but it took a shop to finally diagnose. So a blown c6 fuse caused the "System fault visit workshop" and "Headlight beam adjustment faulty" errors on dash and inoperable Homelink garage door opener.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:58 PM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Don't be embarrassed! I have done plenty of dumb things over the years, like really really dumb lol.

Quick Reply: System fault Visit Workshop