Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 11:22 PM
jordanturbo
Cardigan Millionaire
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Help with sway bar and drop link dilemma

Hi Guys,

My end links and sway bar bushings are gone in my 2007 Turbo. I figured this was a good opportunity to upgrade my end links and sway bars for the DE's my car sees. That said the car does see regular use year round in Canada so keeping the noise down is somewhat of a priority.

The details:
The car is a 2007 911 Turbo 6MT. The car is lowered with H&R Springs over OEM struts. The car is otherwise stock with a slightly aggressive alignment.

The Plan:
My plan was Tarett Drop Links with GMG Sway Bars. Unfortunately when I tried to order the GMG sway bars I was told that they are on a 5 to 6 month back order which doesn't work.

Advice:
I am looking for what Rennlisters opinions are when considering performance and noise?

Options:
TPC - I hear good things about the TPC products but also hear that they are noisy for daily use. I would look at the stage 1 kit, it looks like they only offer Drop Links for either the front or rear (Does anyone know). For the ones that don't come with the kit I would use the Tarett Drop Links.

Tarett GT Series Sway Bars - I have heard good things about their End Links but don't know much about their Sway Bars. I heard that they follow OEM Porsche GT car design. Not sure whether they use a rubber or urethane bushings. Also on their website they also don't specify AWD compatibility. I don't think GT2 or GT3RS bars fit the front of the turbo so not sure if these will either. I would use these in combination with the Tarett Drop Links.

Eibach - I know they make the GMG bars but GMG's website says they are a proprietary design making me think that the normal Eibach's are an inferior product. I would use the Tarett Drop Links front and rear with these bars.

RSS - I think this seems like the best option, it is a turbo specific application, the kit comes with RSS rear Drop Links, I would add the Tarett links up front

H&R - I like their sway bar bushings, the teflon / urethane combination should provide a good balance between performance and noise. I have heard mixed reviews on the sway bars, and they are also one of the more expensive options. I would utilize the Tarett links front and rear on this set up.

OEM Porsche GT Bars - I figure for daily driving duties these would be the most comfortable as far as noise, but I don't know part numbers off the top of my head and and I am unsure about front compatibility. I would use the Tarett links with these bars as well

Thanks for the input

Quick Reply: Help with sway bar and drop link dilemma