Sponsored by:

Box for .2 rear bumper cover???

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 04:58 PM
tguaturbo
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Box for .2 rear bumper cover???

Just picked one up and need to ship to San Antonio. I assume UPS does not carry these size boxes. I have a fellow RLister helping me out in a huge way by picking this up and taking to be shipped.

Any ideas about packaging? Assuming UPS can't?

Thanks,

Tom
Old 06-19-2017, 06:13 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 879 Likes on 526 Posts

Perhaps a body shop has one that they just received a bumper cover in. Even non-Porsche.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:38 PM
tguaturbo
Banned

That's an idea!
Old 06-19-2017, 09:12 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

You could make a box by putting together two 1/2 size boxes. Ups sells 'raw' boxes, and also the larger wardrobe boxes.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:26 AM
tguaturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
You could make a box by putting together two 1/2 size boxes. Ups sells 'raw' boxes, and also the larger wardrobe boxes.

I think that is what I will have to do. Hopefully, the store has these options. Wish me luck.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:17 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by tguaturbo
I think that is what I will have to do. Hopefully, the store has these options. Wish me luck.
I just modified a 75" tv box to fit a C4s 997.2 bumper snug.

To be honest ur best bet is to wrap thrnbumprr in protective bulbble wrap and further wrap the corners and anybcontact/stress points ... and ship without a box , greyhound USA-> USA should b the cheapest
Old 06-20-2017, 08:27 PM
TypeRx
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

When I have shipped a rear bumper in the past I wrapped it up really good with a combination of bubble wrap, cardboard around the edges for extra protection and rigidity, and a healthy amount of moving wrap (the saran wrap like stuff).

Greyhound was the most economical way of shipping -- it was like $80 to ship a rear bumper from Chicago to Texas. The only catch is it needs to be dropped off at a Greyhound station and then picked up at one.
Old 06-25-2017, 11:40 PM
tguaturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by TypeRx
When I have shipped a rear bumper in the past I wrapped it up really good with a combination of bubble wrap, cardboard around the edges for extra protection and rigidity, and a healthy amount of moving wrap (the saran wrap like stuff).

Greyhound was the most economical way of shipping -- it was like $80 to ship a rear bumper from Chicago to Texas. The only catch is it needs to be dropped off at a Greyhound station and then picked up at one.
Had a friend pick it up in CA for me and do just that and it's on a GH in route to me. I'm a little nervous and hope it comes un damaged. Hopefully I will know tomorrow night.

Quick Reply: Box for .2 rear bumper cover???