Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEL codes???

Can anyone
Old 04-29-2017, 02:59 AM
Miamivice997
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone help me with these cel codes? I'm running a stage 3 map from Cobb. Have intercoolers , 1000 cc injectors, Sachs clutch, inlet pipes. Car ran fine and just threw these codes today. I've only ran gas through her and she seems fine while driving. Thanks in advance
Old 04-30-2017, 01:57 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Those don't look like obd2 code?
Old 04-30-2017, 02:41 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Miamivice997
Can anyone help me with these cel codes? I'm running a stage 3 map from Cobb. Have intercoolers , 1000 cc injectors, Sachs clutch, inlet pipes. Car ran fine and just threw these codes today. I've only ran gas through her and she seems fine while driving. Thanks in advance
Given:

B8821
B9021
UC190
C4802

The first character refers to the region/system.

B = Body (includes A/C and airbag systems)
C = Chassis (includes ABS)
U = User Network (wiring/bus, UART)

(One more: P; is Power Train (includes engine/gearbox).)

If the 2nd character/digit a zero this is a generic OBD code; if a 1 the code is manufacturer specific. 'course, none of the error codes have either a 0 or 1 in the 2nd location. My big OBD reference is at work and I don't recall what the higher numbers/letters mean.

Because the meaning of last 3 numbers/chars is dependent upon what the 2nd char/digit means I can't offer any further guidance specific based on the numbers.

Generally speaking with the errors appearing to come from such widely separated and seemingly unrelated areas of the car: Body, Chassis, User Network; I'm thinking perhaps a bad MAF or perhaps an electrical problem, make that a power supply problem. I know (well, I 2nd hand know) a failing alternator can have the car relying upon the battery for electrical power and the battery can supply this for a while, a short while. One of the signs of a problem is a number of warnings/error coming from seemingly unrelated areas of the car.

A failing MAF delivers bad info that is used to derive -- among other things -- the precentage of load and alot of other systems depend upon this and if the info is too far out can trigger errors.

You will need to get the details associated with the specific numbers and from the details perhaps be able to make a better diagnosis.

Perhaps your local Porsche service department can look up the numbers and provide you with some details?

Quick Reply: CEL codes???