Sponsored by:

High Milage 997.2 TT S

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 12:51 PM
VELOCITY 997
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Milage 997.2 TT S

Hello. I am considering buying this car. I want to know if it is a fair price and most importantly whether it is a good idea to buy a car of this caliber with so many miles ?

http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/1B1B69E4

Description

This is a 2011 Certified Porsche 911 Turbo S in Black with Black Interior.This vehicle has 60,647 miles on it.This vehicle has been through our service department and has passed our 159 point Certified Inspection.This vehicle has the remaining balance of the Factory Porsche Certified Warranty of 6 Years / 100,000 miles included in the sales price.1 owner and a clean Carfax History Report.Contact Paul today for more information at 702-383-6880Special financing available with approved credit. And yes we ship worldwide!
Old 04-17-2017, 01:00 PM
TypeRx
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I wouldn't be scared of a 60K car as long as you have it inspected and verify the end date of the CPO (is it sometime in 2017..if so, when exactly!). Take a look at the number of prior owners and pay special attention to wear/tear on the interior and other visual areas, leaving the mechanicals for the inspection. I would try and work them down on the price a bit more obviously. And, be aware of any necessary servicing for the PDK -- perhaps have them change the fluid out on their dime prior to delivery.

But for a daily driver, you can't do much better! I'd definitely drive around in it!!
Old 04-17-2017, 01:08 PM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 267 Posts

If its being certified by the selling dealer, you get 2 years or up to 100,000 miles, whichever happens sooner from date of sale. Porsche CPO covers almost everything.

I wouldn't hesitate b/c of miles. The list price appears to be in the ballpark, but I haven't been keeping up on sale prices of turbo S. If you like it, make an offer.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:28 PM
VELOCITY 997
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My only issue is that I want to keep this car for a while and plan to put some miles on it as it would be my Daily Driver. What Would the maintenance costs be after 100,000 miles ? Is it realistic to keep the car after 100k miles ?
Old 04-18-2017, 06:13 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

wow $82Gs, damn. I would find a low mileage 07-08 and save $15k
Old 04-18-2017, 10:30 PM
o7silverturbo
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by VELOCITY 997
My only issue is that I want to keep this car for a while and plan to put some miles on it as it would be my Daily Driver. What Would the maintenance costs be after 100,000 miles ? Is it realistic to keep the car after 100k miles ?
Just look at 100k as 0 miles and start the services over, things will start to get repeated, but have to remember anything is possible with higher mileage.

One service that I think should be performed on these car with higher mileage like 100k plus is a timing chain service. Chains/guides/ tensioners etc. Most manufactures say that they dont ever have to be serviced but I have seen my fair share of worn out chains/broken guides. I drive my car hard and will be doing that service when the time comes.

Maintenance is key to a long life of any engine
Old 04-20-2017, 12:49 PM
vbb
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

The fact that it is certified would leave me with no hesitation. 100k miles is just a number. Parts dont expire on this car after a preset number of miles. If the car has been well maintained, you can keep up the maintenance and enjoy it. With the certified warranty, you have 2 more years to address any unexpected issues. Your only issue is resale, as there will be several lower mileage examples available when you do to sell your car. That's why you out to plan on it being a keeper I'd you buy it. Drive and enjoy!
Old 04-20-2017, 12:54 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
The fact that it is certified would leave me with no hesitation. 100k miles is just a number. Parts dont expire on this car after a preset number of miles. If the car has been well maintained, you can keep up the maintenance and enjoy it. With the certified warranty, you have 2 more years to address any unexpected issues. Your only issue is resale, as there will be several lower mileage examples available when you do to sell your car. That's why you out to plan on it being a keeper I'd you buy it. Drive and enjoy!
This!
Old 04-20-2017, 03:39 PM
A418t81
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 106 Posts

No issues with this car or the miles, but the price is high for the mileage based on others in the 60k mile range I've seen sell.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:28 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by VELOCITY 997
My 2002 Boxster has 310K+ miles. My 2003 Turbo has 154K+ miles. Put me down as a "yes".

Maintenance costs should be the same after 100K miles as before. The service intervals are based on miles covered. So oil changes, brake fluid flushes/bleeds, other vital fluid services (tranny/diff, I like to replace the coolant every 4 years or so), tires, brakes, plugs, filters all occur at the frequency as before.

What you can't know is what else will require replacement. For instance water pump, fuel pump, O2 sensors, radiator(s), CV boots and so on.

As the miles accumulate you can be surprised by what turns into a "wear" item.

For instance: spoiler system (Turbo); rear view mirror (Turbo); instrument cluster (airbag light stuck on, spiders from Hell) (Boxster); radiators (all 3: Turbo); radiator fans (Turbo, Boxster); numerous switches, brake light, clutch interlock (Boxster); VarioCam solenoid/actuator (250K miles, Boxster); idler rollers (Turbo and 2 times); O2 sensors (Boxster, more than one set; Turbo one set at 132K miles); MAF (Boxster); AOS (Boxster and it is on its 3rd replacement); coolant tank (Boxster); water pump (Boxster: 172K miles; Turbo: 120K miles); fuel pump (200K miles, Boxster); front and rear lid struts (Boxster); oil filler tube cap (2 times now, Boxster); fuel cap (tether broke) (Boxster); shifter (linkage broke: Turbo); wheel bearing (Boxster); CV boots (Boxster).

What else? Oh yeah, assorted door and latch controllers/switches (Boxster); door membranes (Boxster); window regulators (Boxster); Top (Boxster). RMS (Turbo: 120K miles?); front diff axle flange seals (Turbo).

I'm forgetting something... Oh yeah, some years ago a vehicle ahead of my Boxster hit something -- piece of concrete -- on the freeway and this concrete bounced into the path of my car and went under the car where it hit an exhaust manifold. No problems right away but the impact must have fractured the converter brick. Over time it would move about and trip a P0430. Eventually I got tired of the noise (knocking when cold, buzzing when hot) and the admittedly infrequent but still troublesome P0430 (I have to smog the car every other year) so I replaced the two exhaust manifolds -- each with its own converter -- with two sourced from a salvage yard.

Reminds me I have replaced a number of under body plastic panels (both cars) due to damage from road debris and the cowl cover panel on the Boxster due to age. It started cracking.

And the Boxster needed a new windshield some years ago. A rock chip developed into a full blown all the way across the windshield crack right at eye level. Like viewing a Picasso landscape while driving.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:31 PM
kpl
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Price wise I bought my '11 TTS with 19K mi at the beginning of the year with a 2yr CPO for $12k more. Another dealer a state away had a identical car mileage and option wise for the same price at the time.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:34 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

Maintenance doesn't seem to be as much of an issue with these high mileage cars as much as re-selling them. How much would you pay for a similar car say with 86,000 miles?

Don't forget to consider that factor when you do make an offer.
Old 04-22-2017, 06:03 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 48 Posts

Two weeks ago Riverside Porsche sold a 1 owner (local car), 23,xxx mile 2011 Turbo S Cab, Red black, some nice options, all service done at dealer, clean car fax, CPO. Took in trade on a new one.

Sold for $91.5k - which was a good deal. they started at $98k and dropped to $92k for my buddy - he hesitated a few days and it sold.

He bought last week a 2012 Turbo S Cab, silver, grey, grey top, $197k MSRP, 7,500 miles for $112k (which he thought was high, but it was the exact color combo he wanted).

Given that I would think a 60k mile 2011 would be in the $70's, not the $80's. But you are seeing 997.1 Turbos with 40k asking $86k - so there starting point of $86k makes sense.

I would heed C2 Turbo's point - buy with 60k, drive and sell with 86k - high mileage now, higher then - will sell on price. I convinced my buddy to get what he wanted, lowest possible miles and pay a little more now, you will get more when you sell with lower miles and will have better chance to make a sale.

Quick Reply: High Milage 997.2 TT S