Sponsored by:

Lift Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 12:13 PM
HardHitter
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Lift Owners

I've done my own maintenance on my previous cars and currently own a set of Race Ramps.

I've been doing some research lately on lifts and am about to pull a trigger on one but just wanted to see who here has a lift and what kind you have.

I live in a town home with a tight 2-car garage, so I don't plan on getting a large lift which would basically take up the entire garage and force me to park my other car on the street, but looking for something that I can setup in the garage when I want to work on the cars.

Not going to be doing anything major like pulling the motor (hopefully) but just standard maintenance and perhaps later down the line, the turbos.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:50 PM
earossi
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I've had both a 4-post and 2-post lift. Bend Pak and Rotary, respectively. For working on cars the 2-post is superior to the 4-post. My Rotary is one of the most narrow lifts out there. Meant for a narrow garage.

But, with your requirement of portability, I would suggest one of the pneumatic scissor lifts. They are wheeled and can be moved to storage when not in use

Last edited by earossi; 04-12-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Old 04-08-2017, 03:26 PM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 354 Posts

BendPak MD-6xp scissor lift here. I also have a garage with 8' ceilings. Its portable so I can move it if needed. I built some short ramps out of 2X12s so I park over it all the time, so the space is not wasted..

I have used it for my turbo and family SUV, comes with high-rise adapters.

Perfect for oil changes, plugs, radiator cleanouts requiring bumper removal, turbos (if I wanted to), etc..

Only thing that might be a challenge is some things involving the transmission tunnel (i.e. transmission shift linkages?) but even that might be a possibility depending on which way you position it on the lift..

I havent tried, but I could prob drop the engine if I had to.. Lowering it slightly for work (done many times) is no issue.

TheRock has one similar (maybe the same one?) and he has several pics of his in the garage..
Old 04-10-2017, 11:33 AM
function12
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I have an ezcar lift for my 997. Works great.
http://ezcarlift.com/
Old 04-10-2017, 03:15 PM
jason952
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I have a quickjack 5000xl that is perfect for all types of maintenance and restoration

Quick Reply: Lift Owners