EVT700 E85 Fuel Pump Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 04:50 PM
997 TT Guy
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVT700 E85 Fuel Pump Questions

Hello guys,

My 997 TT needs an upgrade in fuel delivery! I have 1,100 CC injectors and I believe a stock fuel pump. Since I can run full E85 via my COBB tune (Thanks Mitch!), I have been using this fuel now. The logs show a little decline in fuel delivery up top.

I have read a ton of threads and searched for the best option, but I cannot find a solid answer. (See links below!)

Can anyone direct me with 1 or 2 options for an easy swap/upgrade to support my EVT700 with E85? Please post up!

Thanks,

Justin
Attached Images  
Old 12-08-2016, 12:53 AM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

i run 1100cc injectors, and haven't run into any fuel delivery issues with E85 . maybe your pump is weak ? high mileage car ?
Old 12-08-2016, 01:37 AM
rob.boost
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed alpha 30's with 1100cc injectors and more supporting bits mid last year, so I have been through this somewhat recently.

Stock fuel pumps run out of safe pressure around 650-700whp on E-85 (your results may vary). I tried multiple different setups, as the stock fuel system is very touchy when it comes to the venturi system. I ended up with 2 Walbro 450/480's running to a T with a restrictor to the venturi tubes. (the tubes that siphon the lower parts of the left and right sides of the tank and fill the surge tank). Luckily there was a member here that helped me a lot with this setup, as I was still trying to figure this all out.

Check the 996TT forums, as a lot of people use that style of system on the 997's once they pass the stock fuel pumps capacity.

There are many threads about this, but a lot of them with the good information are not titled what you may think. I found bits and pieces off of build threads, and other threads that started with non fuel related topics.

One more thing to note, is that you start to run low on pressure again around 750-800whp using the stock feed line. You can buy all new lines with new fuel rails, or you can replace the stock feed with a 8an line and a welded fitting to match the stock bits in the back going to the rail. That coupled with an aftermarket fuel filter to replace the stock restrictive one. The stock return system with the 8an feed done right I have seen good for 1100-1200whp on E-85.

SRM actually has some great options for the fuel system, sometimes it is hard to get in touch with them, but the pricing and quality of parts are very good.

Hope some of this helps and good luck!

Quick Reply: EVT700 E85 Fuel Pump Questions