Sponsored by:

GT3 seats

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 11:42 AM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default GT3 seats

What is a good price to pay for used GT3 seats with alacantra centers, electric controls, headcrest, 19k miles on them in great shape? Some guy is asking $3500.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:10 PM
TypeRx
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That price seems a bit above market. For adaptives with heat in great condition, I'd expect $2500-$3000, which is what I paid for my used set (from another member here) a year ago. The price range I provided also seems in-line with what I have seen moving in the classifieds and what not.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:15 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Originally Posted by TypeRx
That price seems a bit above market. For adaptives with heat in great condition, I'd expect $2500-$3000, which is what I paid for my used set (from another member here) a year ago. The price range I provided also seems in-line with what I have seen moving in the classifieds and what not.
yeah i was thinking around $2500 max. The guy is local to me, so easy pick up. Seats do look in great condition.

Question is can i sell mine and what could I get for them in 'good' shape. There has to be some turbo or just carrera guys out there itching to get out of the standard seats that look like a sharpei's face.

Saw some on ebay, but nothing that's sold. Something tells me they could be a pain to sell.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:31 PM
TypeRx
Racer

Leather adaptives should sell for the same ballpark as the alcantara ones. The ones on Ebay are generally overpriced or have issues (stains, tearing, a lot of wear, etc.). You just have to be patient and hope for a local buyer or deal with the hassle of shipping.

I sold mine (leather adaptives with heat) about 4-6 weeks after posting them FS. They were in good but not great condition.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:20 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Originally Posted by TypeRx
Leather adaptives should sell for the same ballpark as the alcantara ones. The ones on Ebay are generally overpriced or have issues (stains, tearing, a lot of wear, etc.). You just have to be patient and hope for a local buyer or deal with the hassle of shipping.

I sold mine (leather adaptives with heat) about 4-6 weeks after posting them FS. They were in good but not great condition.
curious how well the alcantara hold up. From photos it seems the centers hold up better than the leather.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:31 PM
TypeRx
Racer

In general, Alcantara will most likely NOT hold up as well as leather. It should not fade as it is treated well with UV protection but it can be abraded, pill/fuzz, tear, and stain. At the same time, it is not delicate. If you treat it well (keep it clean and give it a brush every now and then with a vacuum attachment, rubber brush, or short nap brush) it should look great for years to come. Most folks that complain about it use it in high wear areas (steering wheel and shift ****, as examples) and aren't religious about clean hands and the like . If you are, everything will be fine.

Seats use a higher grade/thicker Alcantara (PANNEL) than areas that require a lot of stretch like steering wheels, shift *****, etc. Using this material will hold you in your seat MUCH more, and not be hot/cold or cause sweating the same way leather does. It is true that Porsche leather on the bolsters creases/ages much less gracefully than the centers, whether Alcantara or leather.

Quick Reply: GT3 seats