Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Huge Favor need from a Memphis area Rennlister.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 01:17 PM
WHAMspeed
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Huge Favor need from a Memphis area Rennlister.

I am purchasing a 997TT for my 40th birthday in late September. I've been searching since early this spring. I recently moved downtown on Front Street. My parking is underneath the building and has a decent grade from the street level. I think there is enough clearance to get the car in and out of the garage, however I'm not 100% certain. Obviously, I would like to know this before I purchase. Are there any Memphis Rennlisters that would be willing to come by and take a look? I definitely don't want to damage your car, we could give it a good evaluation before attempting anything. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-10-2016, 11:49 AM
johnbelk
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WHAMspeed
I am purchasing a 997TT for my 40th birthday in late September. I've been searching since early this spring. I recently moved downtown on Front Street. My parking is underneath the building and has a decent grade from the street level. I think there is enough clearance to get the car in and out of the garage, however I'm not 100% certain. Obviously, I would like to know this before I purchase. Are there any Memphis Rennlisters that would be willing to come by and take a look? I definitely don't want to damage your car, we could give it a good evaluation before attempting anything. Thanks in advance.
I wish I could help... Seems I remember a calculus equation that could be used, but for the life of me I can't remember it. I guess my 10th Grade Teacher was right..."Belk, you're going to need this one day..." "Dang it!!!!"

Maybe the local Porsche dealer would allow you and a salesman to take a little ride...? Just saying...

Good Luck.
Happy Birthday...What a great gift!!! JB
Old 07-10-2016, 12:31 PM
estrellajon
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I believe simple Geometry is all is needed :-)
Old 07-10-2016, 02:51 PM
johnbelk
Pro

Originally Posted by estrellajon
I believe simple Geometry is all is needed :-)
Got an "F" in that class too...

However, I do know how much beer to buy when my gang comes over...that's math I do need and use...JB
Old 07-10-2016, 02:54 PM
DocHW
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The 997TT isn't that low. I probably have parked it in 4-5 different underground parkings to date, all without scraping. Just take it slow and/or put pasm in sport.
I would just do it... If it scrapes it's only the lip anyway.

The GT3 without front lift on the other hand is a nightmare... Scrapes everywhere.
Old 07-10-2016, 03:17 PM
johnbelk
Pro

Originally Posted by DocHW
The 997TT isn't that low. I probably have parked it in 4-5 different underground parkings to date, all without scraping. Just take it slow and/or put pasm in sport.
I would just do it... If it scrapes it's only the lip anyway.

The GT3 without front lift on the other hand is a nightmare... Scrapes everywhere.

EDIT: Replaced the picture
Just measured the front spoiler on my 09 997TT it's right at 6 inchs above the surface... It would have to be a very aggressive angle in the parking garage to scrape it. JB
Old 07-11-2016, 11:03 PM
WHAMspeed
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input gents. I'm not super concerned about the front spoiler clearing going down or coming up. My biggest concern is coming up and potentially bottoming out. I may snap a few pictures in the daylight tomorrow and post them and see what you think.

Quick Reply: Huge Favor need from a Memphis area Rennlister.