Exhaust choice

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 12:39 PM
Kuhl997.2!
Pro

Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts
Default Exhaust choice

Morning:

A bud and I are going to take a road trip down to the bay area and while there are thinking about stopping by and having my bud's 2012-S fitted with a new exhaust. The two choices from them are their Tubi set up with new cats and their center muffler delete cross over pipe. Any thoughts one way or another?
Old 07-04-2016, 03:39 PM
BOOSTED TTS
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuhl997.2!
Morning:

A bud and I are going to take a road trip down to the bay area and while there are thinking about stopping by and having my bud's 2012-S fitted with a new exhaust. The two choices from them are their Tubi set up with new cats and their center muffler delete cross over pipe. Any thoughts one way or another?
I would go with no cats and center muffler delete crossover pipe...actually have a brand new Seedtech exhaust for sale...

Manuel
Old 07-04-2016, 05:55 PM
L_perm
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

The Tubi is the only real choice here. There is no scavenging effect to be had from a crossover pipe behind the turbos. And I'd leave the cats on, unless you want the car to stink like every other wanna be, hack job race car out there polluting the streets.

JMHO
Old 07-04-2016, 06:10 PM
estrellajon
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Tubi used to be good but quality has gone down since . Even the Ferrari folks are avoiding Tubi and getting Capristos for their Fcars

I would seriously look into a Kline exhaust too
Old 07-04-2016, 06:11 PM
BOOSTED TTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by L_perm
The Tubi is the only real choice here. There is no scavenging effect to be had from a crossover pipe behind the turbos. And I'd leave the cats on, unless you want the car to stink like every other wanna be, hack job race car out there polluting the streets.

JMHO
LOL, my car does not stink!!!
Old 07-04-2016, 07:39 PM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Europipe
Old 07-04-2016, 10:08 PM
JayinToronto
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I went with the muffler delete (not crossed) by sharkworks and couldn't be happier.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:50 PM
BOOSTED TTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JayinToronto
I went with the muffler delete (not crossed) by sharkworks and couldn't be happier.
That's what I had, really good set-up...

Last edited by BOOSTED TTS; 07-05-2016 at 01:09 AM.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:11 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny DB
Europipe
I second the Europipe. Great quality, performance and sound.

Jay
Old 07-05-2016, 01:22 AM
L_perm
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BOOSTED TTS
LOL, my car does not stink!!!
I 100% guarantee that your car stinks if it has no cats. Have you ever been behind your car in traffic, particularly when the throttle is opened up a bit? Trust me, it stinks.

I guess I should consider the possibility that you like that smell. It stinks to me, and everyone else I know, and it certainly pollutes the air.

Being a productive member of a civilized society means understanding how your actions can affect others and taking responsibility for it. When you choose a cheap cat delete in the name of a trivial amount of power over others' ability to breathe clean air, over contributing to childhood asthma and other lung diseases, you don't deserve the benefits of living in that society.

You have a nice Porsche. SPEND money if you want more power. Don't skimp on the cats. They are there for an important reason. Put yourself in the position of the parent whose kid has asthma and can't go out many days during the summer because of air pollution. If it were your kid, would you have cats?
Old 07-05-2016, 12:53 PM
BOOSTED TTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by L_perm
I 100% guarantee that your car stinks if it has no cats. Have you ever been behind your car in traffic, particularly when the throttle is opened up a bit? Trust me, it stinks.

I guess I should consider the possibility that you like that smell. It stinks to me, and everyone else I know, and it certainly pollutes the air.

Being a productive member of a civilized society means understanding how your actions can affect others and taking responsibility for it. When you choose a cheap cat delete in the name of a trivial amount of power over others' ability to breathe clean air, over contributing to childhood asthma and other lung diseases, you don't deserve the benefits of living in that society.

You have a nice Porsche. SPEND money if you want more power. Don't skimp on the cats. They are there for an important reason. Put yourself in the position of the parent whose kid has asthma and can't go out many days during the summer because of air pollution. If it were your kid, would you have cats?
I just hugged a tree as soon as I read your message, plus the DD is a Q5. Ohh, and trust me, I don't "skimp" on the power add ons for my car.

Cheers,

Manuel
Old 07-05-2016, 01:04 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Muffler delete pipe with stock cats or the tubi cat system. Remember, a 997.2tt Siemens ecu will correct for decreased back pressure, unlike a Bosch unit so unless you flash the ecu it's really just for sound anyway.
Old 07-05-2016, 01:49 PM
C's Turbo
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Europipe Stage 1
Old 07-08-2016, 02:30 PM
Kuhl997.2!
Pro

Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

Just looked at Europipe's web site. Nice looking product. The heat shields are a really nice finishing touch. I will have to have my buddy reconsider his options. Cheers and thanks
Old 07-08-2016, 04:10 PM
turbofever
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only snag with the ep is that t weighs at much as stock

Quick Reply: Exhaust choice