22.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Guess the Cost of This Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2016 | 08:57 PM
Craig T.
Racer

Originally Posted by Ibanezgod
i'm at 37.5k, so hopefully the water pump is a long wait and the coolant pipes will be unnecessary since i don't track.
Yeah, I do track. Only had the car a year and already have two weekends at Laguna Seca and two days at Auto Club Speedway. That likely accelerated the coolant pipe issue. I've had some brake issues at the track as well.

The water pump is good for 60K...But the cars are getting older now. It's not just miles. Age also affects the seals, gaskets, and hoses. The motor had to come out. Out of the car, there's just so many things that are much easier and cheaper to do when it's out. I decided I'm going to keep this car, so the preventative maintenance is peace of mind.
Old 09-28-2016 | 09:47 PM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Craig T.
Yeah, I do track. Only had the car a year and already have two weekends at Laguna Seca and two days at Auto Club Speedway. That likely accelerated the coolant pipe issue. I've had some brake issues at the track as well.

The water pump is good for 60K...But the cars are getting older now. It's not just miles. Age also affects the seals, gaskets, and hoses. The motor had to come out. Out of the car, there's just so many things that are much easier and cheaper to do when it's out. I decided I'm going to keep this car, so the preventative maintenance is peace of mind.
is the water pump a motor out change only ?
Old 09-28-2016 | 10:10 PM
Craig T.
Racer

Originally Posted by bigrpowr
is the water pump a motor out change only ?
No. ..but its a heck of a lot easier.

Quick Reply: Guess the Cost of This Maintenance