Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EZ OIL DRAIN VALVE or Fumoto Valves for 997TT

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 04:03 PM
function12
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Great pictures!!! Might have to look at making the swap!! Loved it on my old F250.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:30 PM
throwinbombs.com
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

@therock88 Two EZ 105 and one with a 90 elbow is what I bought as you can see in my pictures. You're gonna be happy with it. Damn EZ Oil probably found this thread and changed their website. At one time it said you needed an EZ 105 and another size for the other plug, EZ 104?. I had a feeling they were wrong at the time. I just had to take both plugs off and measure them myself.

@eviligloo You'll have to ask EZ Oil company but you could always drain the oil with the EZ Oil valves and when it is done draining you could remove the EZ Oil Valves so the rest will drain out as if you removed the OEM plugs. I just don't know if the gasket on the EZ Oil Valves are meant to be taken off and on several times.

@function12 Thanks, do it! They're great!
Old 05-01-2017, 07:50 PM
bgrpph
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i had Fumoto valve on my '11 murano- thought it would be great but at 1st oil change it drained so slow & also as stated it did not allow all the oil in pan to drain out due to design- flow area was above the lowest point of threads so all the oil didn'tt come out. When i removed the Fumoto plug more oil came out- took it off & i'm back to regular plug. Some people love em- i tried- not for me.

For my '07 TT i'll stick with OEM - it such an easy job to remove the tank plug & crankcase plug. - as said here it looks like the design of the crankcase plug may keep some oil in the car- if one had to take this off each oil change it seems easier to just use stock plug.
For those that use Fumoto- one can buy a 5/8 squeeze clamp you can install over the plug to ensure the valve can not move until the clamp is squeezed off. I used this on the murano to be 100% safe.

Quick Reply: EZ OIL DRAIN VALVE or Fumoto Valves for 997TT