997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got back into the Porsche family with me buying 2007 Porsche 997 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2015 | 10:35 PM
clb00196
Instructor

Default Just got back into the Porsche family with me buying 2007 Porsche 997 turbo

This is my 4th Porsche that I have been lucky enough to own . I had my Porsche 996 4s totaled by hurricane Sandy and was bitter so I ended up buying a 2006 Mercedes Cls 500 . Well after owning the Mercedes for about 3 years and it was fun but it was no Porsche . I decided to start my search of a Porsche 997 turbo . Well as luck may have it I stumbled upon a 2007 997 turbo with 58k miles tiptronic with a clean carfax and the only mod was an aftermarket exhaust . I def had mods in mine but nothing too crazy to kinda of bring it to a more modern Porsche . So I bought the smoked Sypder Led tailights , all led super led interior bulbs , tranzit Blu Bluetooth / music streaming mod , super white led h3 foglight bulbs , brand new nitto ivos tires , all around hawk brake pads. The last mod I am doing is Softronics software to bring the car from 480 hp to approximately 620 hp according to Scott from Softronics . With all that said I am having a minor issue and I am hoping someone can help .
When I picked up the car from the auction I was driving home and I got the dreaded engine light . After getting home I plugged in the OBD2 scanner it showed codes of P2187& p2189 . The funny part is that the car wasn't driving bad and the acceleration was fine. I cleared the codes and contacted my mechanic who also suggested clearing them and see if they came back . They stayed off for couple of days then reappeared . During the period the light was off I fueled up and noticed that this car isn't the greatest on gas consumption or maybe I have a heavy foot lol . Well since the light came back on I decided to bring it to my mechanic . He attached a smoke machine and thought he found a leak coming off one of the turbos but it wasn't that but a cut vacuum line which he repaired . I picked up the car yesterday and while driving after picking it up the engine light came on again ... I read the codes and this time only one came on this time . It was p2189 and I contacted my mechanic and he stated that it must be another vacuum line I believe he said on the passenger side since the other vacuum line was repaired on the driver's side . I may have it reversed on the sides he fixed first nevertheless there must be another vacuum leak cause the car is not as responsive prior to the vacuum line repair .
Sorry for the long winded post but can anyone shed some light on this issue ?
Old 10-17-2015 | 11:56 PM
L_perm
Pro

P2189 = Sys Too Lean at Idle Bank2

The code is pointing to the passenger side. Could be a number of things, but a vacuum leak is a good place to start. Good luck.

Louis
Old 10-18-2015 | 11:54 PM
clb00196
Instructor

Thanks for the response
Old 10-19-2015 | 07:18 PM
HkPlinker
Three Wheelin'

Remove MAF body and spray with correct cleaner. you will need a five point "pentolobe" driver Snap off has them. they fit the John Deere diesel motors. Easy fix and reset light. You might want to replace your factory air filter.
Simple fix
Old 10-20-2015 | 12:37 AM
clb00196
Instructor

Thank you for the response as well

Quick Reply: Just got back into the Porsche family with me buying 2007 Porsche 997 turbo