Sponsored by:

Swapped Out My Bose Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 07:42 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts
Default Swapped Out My Bose Speakers

Let's face it, your Bose speakers are average and aren't the best. And for those of us TT cab owners you can't hear them when the top is down anyway. Some will say I don't listen to music because I like the sound of my exhaust, and that's okay too. But, I still enjoy listening to music, top up or top down.

My goal is to slowly mod and update my car but not make it obvious. So, I did a little homework and found that Focal ISN 100 Universal mount speakers (4) fit nicely in the door and dash cut-outs and behind the Bose speaker grills. The installation is almost plug-n-play but I had it done professionally because I'm not mechanically inclined - I know my limitations!

Anyway, the sound is substantially better and improved over my Bose speakers and I can hear my music with the top down at 70mph. So, if you want better sound and still want to retain your OEM look this might be the right solution for you. Oh, and another thing, make sure you shop for them on-line. The prices range from $660.00 from Focal to $200.00 on eBay so shop and compare wisely. JMO-
Old 08-25-2015, 09:21 PM
Zero911
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

When you say you can now hear them with the top down at 70mph, I assume you mean the volume is a lot louder? Or? And was this just with a speaker change or did you get an amp too?
Old 08-25-2015, 10:02 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Zero911
When you say you can now hear them with the top down at 70mph, I assume you mean the volume is a lot louder? Or? And was this just with a speaker change or did you get an amp too?
The volume was about the same and I didn't change the amp. I suspect my speakers are now much more efficient based upon their updated design.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:44 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Good job! Bose makes the most over-priced crap in the electronic industry!

Quick Reply: Swapped Out My Bose Speakers