Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

127 mph trap and 11.7 ET... WTF!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 09:56 PM
roncooper
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 127 mph trap and 11.7 ET... WTF!!!!!!!!

I made my own to test for boost leaks. It's pretty easy to do. How did the shop test yours?

The first picture is actually a video I guess I can't upload those here. If you PM your email addy I'll send you a few videos of how I do mine.
Attached Images   
Old 08-19-2015, 03:19 PM
longboarder
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 61 Posts

If you are trapping 127 in the middle of summer and presumably high DA on a stock turbo 997.1 then there is nothing wrong with your motor and you do not have a boost leak. I don't think your torque converter is an issue as it would continue to slip a bit and I couldn't see how you would be able to achieve such a good trap.

So it's got to be some other aspect of the launch. Maybe tires are worn? Maybe trap prep was poor? Maybe you just need to reset adaptations in the tune? While I don't have a 997.1 or an auto trans, My PDK definitely needed time to adapt to new mods and I have issues launching until the PDK was able to "learn".

Hope you get it figured out soon.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:57 PM
nuclearfishin
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I FINALLY HAVE THE CAR FIXED!!!!!!! I posted the solution in another thread but I'll repeat it here in case anyone has similar issues in the future and stumbles on this thread...it was a boost leak, and the worst part is it was caused by me and I never put 2+2 together to figure it out! The leak was caused when I put headers on the car. There was a stripped bolt which I didn't notice and the gasket going from the exhaust into the turbo was completely blown out. This basically had the same effect as leaving a waste-gate open all the time. It makes perfect sense in hindsight, but when the boost is checked from the normal location many of us use on a 997.1 (coming from the turbo toward the intercooler), the header gasket is not in the loop. I'd like to give the shop P3 Autokrafte a huge thanks for finding this right away and fellow member here (Fishey) for working on the car and getting everything buttoned up. I just picked it up from the shop and it pulls like a mother-effer again. I haven't had a chance to launch it on the track, but I'm confident the car is back in good shape and is now holding 14 psi while on the brake. :-) Happy days are here again, and it didn't cost me a transmission.

Edit... I was hitting a trap of 127 with this major boost leak, I wonder what it will be now that everything is tight?

Quick Reply: 127 mph trap and 11.7 ET... WTF!!!!!!!!