Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche of Tysons damaged my 997 Turbo's engine and bumper (AGAIN!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015 | 11:13 PM
Germcati
Track Day

Originally Posted by Spoddle
Sorry to hear about all of the problems you've run into while working with Porsche of Tysons Corner.

If you still need a good body shop to fix your car, check out D&V Autobody. They are one of the best in the area.
+1 to D and V.

OT: It's a shame that a dealer is neglecting the enthusiasts which stand by the brand. Hope you get resolution for these issues.
Old 06-29-2015 | 03:57 AM
alpha motoring
Rennlist Member

Here's my two cents on this.

I simply do not trust dealership body shops. Regardless if they're certified or whatever they say. Do your research and find a shop that knows what they're doing. I almost never hear anyone with a good body shop experience that went to a dealership. Most dealers contract out the work anyways and they'll usually have a shop they work with that charges them less so it maximizes their profit. Do you think the dealer rather have a car look 90% where most people won't notice and make more money or look 100% and make less money?

If the dealership has a body shop on site it's usually quick, efficient repairs where it's quantity over quality as well.

I have a lot of friends that were former SA at high end dealerships before moving onto different professions that can tell you all about dealership body shops and repair processes. It's total BS.

Second, do you think the dealership will really admit to taking the vacuum line off? I highly doubt the dealer would just admit to their incompetent work. I would have the car towed immediately to a reputable body shop having no affiliation with the dealership and make sure the repairs are done correctly and what the extent of the engine damage is. At that point you can either hire and attorney or contact your insurance company and have them go after the dealership.
Old 06-29-2015 | 04:01 PM
Turboslut
Rennlist Member

anyone dealt with Pierre at Tysons Corner?
Old 06-30-2015 | 03:12 AM
bill8411
Rennlist Member

You've received good advice in this thread!

So sorry to hear of this shabby treatment....
Old 08-04-2015 | 08:58 PM
lp997
Advanced

Default call PCNA customer relations

I had a nightmare like this where a dealer dropped the engine to fix the coolant hose fitting problem and left the harness loose where it got pulled into the power steering pulley. This shorted the DME. Dealer tried to blame me. I called Porsche NA in Atlanta. PCNA forced the dealer to repair the car correctly. It's BS for you that these two repair shops, one of them being Porsche are doing this. In my situation, persistence paid off but it took months of calls, car was laid up for months because a new harness had to be fabricated special in Stuttgart. In the end, the dealer paid for a very costly mistake. Good luck.
Old 09-16-2015 | 06:54 PM
plinc
6th Gear

xxx

Last edited by plinc; 10-29-2015 at 05:55 PM. Reason: xxx
Old 09-16-2015 | 08:39 PM
estrellajon
Burning Brakes

Sorry to hear the nightmare issues with that dealership. Talked to folks there before and they think they walk on water

Originally Posted by plinc
UPDATE: Penske Automotive (owners of Porsche of Tysons and Tysons Corner Collision Center) maintain that they are not responsible for the engine damage even though they were in custody of the vehicle, they removed the engine from the compartment, and they replaced the oil reservoir... however, they were "gracious" enough to admit fault with the bumper with regards to neglecting to secure the spacer to the mounting bracket and scratching the bumper and have offered an insulting $500 towards "refinishing" it Lesson learned: NEVER do business with Porsche of Tysons, Tysons Corner Collision Center, or ANY other member of the Penske Automotive Group
Old 09-17-2015 | 10:48 AM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by plinc
UPDATE:

Penske Automotive (owners of Porsche of Tysons and Tysons Corner Collision Center) maintain that they are not responsible for the engine damage even though they were in custody of the vehicle, they removed the engine from the compartment, and they replaced the oil reservoir...
If I were you I would litigate, even if it cost me more than the amount of the damage.
Old 09-17-2015 | 03:39 PM
RugRunner
Racer

+1 to insurance company and/or lawyer up. That's garbage. Total garbage. Pains me to read this but if being nice doesn't work, go for the throat.
Old 09-17-2015 | 10:38 PM
Atrox
Drifting

Default Porsche of Tysons damaged my 997 Turbo's engine and bumper (AGAIN!)

If you are not buying a brand new Porsche from them every couple of years then you are a "peasant" who will get what they give you. Dealer body shops are a joke and and money pit when you bring in a p-car that isnt under factory warranty.

Quick Reply: Porsche of Tysons damaged my 997 Turbo's engine and bumper (AGAIN!)