Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yet another coolant leak issue!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015 | 12:21 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by AlexluvsTTs
Thanks jumper for the link! I'll look into it.

Incidentally, when did you have your TT coolant hose issue addressed? No probs since?

Cheers!

Alex
It's an old topic on the 996 tt/gt3, 997 GT3 forums. I am running a almost 15 year old 996tt and never had a problem but have seen gt3's and 997 tt's loose all there coolant many times over the years. Lot of people have been fixing them by either weld or pinning them and never have the problem again. There was an investigation and it looks like Porsche changed adhesives for the 997 fittings which is likely why it happens to them more often.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...-registry.html
Old 03-26-2015 | 06:08 PM
AlexluvsTTs
Advanced

Thanks again jumper! It's truly alarming how widespread this issue is with TTs and Gt3s (and GT2s too I guess?). As many have said it's not if, it's when!

On another note, I see that you're pretty much next door to Mosport. I'm seriously jealous here as we've been without a track here in southern AB for 4 years now...and counting!...though we do have some pretty cool mountain and foothill roads.

Cheers!

Alex
Old 03-26-2015 | 07:13 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by AlexluvsTTs
Thanks again jumper! It's truly alarming how widespread this issue is with TTs and Gt3s (and GT2s too I guess?). As many have said it's not if, it's when!

On another note, I see that you're pretty much next door to Mosport. I'm seriously jealous here as we've been without a track here in southern AB for 4 years now...and counting!...though we do have some pretty cool mountain and foothill roads.

Cheers!

Alex
I am jealous of the great mountain drives and photos that you get to do. I'd be out there driving every weekend but ya it's nice to have at least 8 tracks near me with only a 20 min to 6 hour drive
Old 09-15-2015 | 07:19 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

I finally got the turbo into the dealership for the small coolant leak that I've had. They were able to locate the leak - it was one of the stainless steel coolant lines to the driver's side turbo. Apparently one of the o-rings failed. It's being replaced and I should be good to go tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Yet another coolant leak issue!