Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ppi

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2015 | 08:03 PM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

Default Ppi

would anyone recommend getting a ppi for non tracked turbo with cpo for 2 more yrs. 2011 with lil over 20k miles stock no mods PDK it was cpo'ed about a yr ago good til 2017

I got burned when I bought my trackrat 6-gt3 sight unseen cpo 'Ed at dealer. When I got it syncro bad. Shocks shot. They fixed syncro but not shocks. Found later more body work than cpo allows. Bla bla.

But a non track car may not need it if cpo'ed. ? Also DMe with over revs needed with PDK in stock form? Thx.

Mk
Old 03-14-2015 | 08:15 PM
mpiffaretti
Rennlist Member

The investment on a PPI is very little compared to potential expenses that may arise later from undiscovered problems if you choose not getting one. Due diligence may pay itself later, or may even give you negotiating leverage if the brakes or clutch are near the end of their life.
Old 03-14-2015 | 08:19 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

You can't over-rev the PDK since the computer won't let you down shift above the rev limiter.

(Since this an auto): I would not do a PPI on a Porsche CPO car as long as a) you get a Paint meter reading from the dealer b) clean carfax report, c) get the inspection report and see what it says, and d) Look at the car in person (a must) since PPI won't tell you about odors, paint scratches, wheel rash, interior scuffs, CF peeling, etc.
Old 03-14-2015 | 09:28 PM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

Thx guys. Yeah. May get ppi anyway. Couple hundred bucks. Once get clean bill gonna take it to champion and get some power mods! If I get the car that will be my next thread. A friend I track with got a 12' cpo coupe turbo 6 speed He has a list looks really good. Will post soon.

What's going rate let's say at a dealership for ppi?
Any recs on ppi in Sarasota area. Suncoast I hear is a good service dealer unlike some I've been

Mk
Old 03-14-2015 | 10:53 PM
HkPlinker
Three Wheelin'

If your TIP 997TT gets fully airborne under full throttle (with the little button on the floor depressed too) and the dash light comes on and the engine shutters while in mid air, does that mean you over reved the motor?
Old 03-15-2015 | 05:46 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

It means you deserve a high five! This seriously happened? It means it would have hit the rev limiter, and you probably got a traction control alert, given the lack of road surface connected to tyres...
Old 03-15-2015 | 07:53 AM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Always do a PPI and put your eyes and hands on the vehicle before pulling the trigger. Make sure to request the DME report (usually they don't attach it to the CPO inspection report unless you ask and some dealers will tell you over revs are fine since its a CPO car).

I would not buy any vehicle without a DME report. I always like to know exactly where I am putting my money in.

I've seen PDK reports with over 20,000 ignitions on range 1. If you are ok with that many ignitions you can, at least, use this number to negotiate a discount with the dealer or get a new set of mats or a free maintenance or etc etc

My limit on range 1 is 6,000 (if I am in love with the car).
Old 03-16-2015 | 07:46 PM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

Thx chair man. Still lookin. Since this will be street only prob get non s PDK (don't need ceramics(been there)) and send to champion for S beating tune. .
Old 03-20-2015 | 08:58 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Originally Posted by mkk62
Thx chair man. Still lookin. Since this will be street only prob get non s PDK (don't need ceramics(been there)) and send to champion for S beating tune. .
The previous owner of my turbo was from south Florida and took the car to Champion and opened his wallet.

Tubi street exhaust / cats / headers, GIAC tune, silicone hoses, champion intercoolers, champion air box, etc.

Took the car out of storage and for the first drive in awhile yesterday and forgot how big of a grin it puts on my face every time I drive it.
Old 03-20-2015 | 03:31 PM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

Awsome. A friend recently had his car tuned there. That's where I'm going. Unless you're selling yours Do you have an s? Is there difference in PDK between s and reg turbo. You may have manual just wondered. I started thread on s vs non s. I guess if you want manual no choice but I really want my wife to drive a porsche. So only PDK. Tried manual instruction course for her. I failed. Mk
Old 03-20-2015 | 09:37 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Originally Posted by mkk62
Awsome. A friend recently had his car tuned there. That's where I'm going. Unless you're selling yours Do you have an s? Is there difference in PDK between s and reg turbo. You may have manual just wondered. I started thread on s vs non s. I guess if you want manual no choice but I really want my wife to drive a porsche. So only PDK. Tried manual instruction course for her. I failed. Mk
Mine is 997.1 so no S , It is a 6 speed. My wife enjoys ours and even tracked it once last year at mid ohio. Get one the wife can enjoy too if she shares your passion.
Old 03-21-2015 | 12:22 PM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

Unfortunately wife has no passion for cars. Doesn't want to drive porsche "too low".

We had an turbo s cab for the day and kids loved it. She drove it. No thrills.

Mk

Quick Reply: Ppi