Sponsored by:

Hi excited new guy!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015 | 04:24 AM
BMcG
2nd Gear

Default Hi excited new guy!

Hi all,

Long time lurker first time poster! Names Brian I'm from London.

Im due to purchase a 997 turbo soon ( next coming months Bday present to myself cause missus won't buy it for me )

Had a track day a while ago and drove some nice cars but this stood out by far with its ease of use and ability to gain silly silly speed... Felt like i was in my M3 although of course a lot more powerful and capable.

So i find myself now a few months away from saying screw it and buying one to cherish

This of course leads me onto 1 question which i have struggled to find an answer for when it comes to people thinking they will get a sale I'm sure they will tell you anything so my trust level decreases a tad.

The 997 will be used for mainly weekend thuggery and some continental trips ( autobahn and munich being one ) but also to france for skiing... Im sure with the right tyres and stuff the car will be fine in the white stuff my question is a little odder

Roof rack for ski's its just myself and my partner so luggage space inside is okay and dandy, its just the ski/snowboard issue - I know there are roof racks around for the 911 which is grand but are they removable or is it once on its done forever? I don't mind a few hrs of swearing if it can be put on and taken off at will.

Has anyone done this or know of this?

Cheers
Old 02-10-2015 | 06:04 AM
heliflyer
Racer

Welcome'
See this thread for one option
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turb...rule-25-a.html
Old 02-10-2015 | 06:44 AM
BMcG
2nd Gear

Hi