Sponsored by:

Removing Acid Rain Stain from Glass

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 03:30 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts
Default Removing Acid Rain Stain from Glass

My TT was stationed in Hawaii before I bought it. Unfortunately the former owner allowed the windows to accumulate an acid raid build-up that was beginning to show. I researched the web and found a lot of acid rain removal solutions. Because I have a black cloth top I didn't want to try many of them because I feared they might stain or discolor my top or ruin my paint. So I searched under my kitchen sink to see what my wife used to clean our glass top stove. After all it is glass and if allowed it will stain and build-up if not cleaned routinely. She uses a product by Weiman which is a heavy duty glass cook top cleaner and polish. I figured WTF, if it works on our glass top stove why wouldn't it work on my TT's glass?

To my absolute amazement it does! In a very short period of time I was able to remove my acid water stains with a little elbow grease and a couple of microfiber towels. No scratches, no stains, no paint damage and my glass now looks factory fresh. If you have acid rain build-up you may want to consider this product which I'm sure is for sale in most grocery stores and supermarkets. JMO
Old 01-31-2015, 03:56 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,416 Likes on 2,519 Posts

Try clay too.

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Old 02-02-2015, 10:54 AM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member
Veteran: Army

Received 938 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan