997TT IPD Plenum / Plenum & TB packages

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014 | 08:24 AM
therock88
Pro

Originally Posted by cam2008
Do you have to ask them for a price?
Send me the link when you find them? I'm interested too
Yes...those two are good. Actually found the best price HERE !

Good luck.
DC
Old 12-12-2014 | 03:21 PM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by therock88

Good luck.
DC
Interesting, cheaper by about $75 for the pair..

I checked on other parts I bought for my recent work (plugs, coils, belt, etc.) and that site you linked is slightly more expensive than Sonnen on all those bits..

I guess as they say it pays to shop around. Nice find!
Old 12-13-2014 | 08:04 PM
cam2008
Racer

Originally Posted by therock88

Good luck.
DC
Thanks nice find!
Old 12-14-2014 | 12:37 AM
therock88
Pro

Originally Posted by cam2008
Thanks nice find!
No problem....
Old 12-16-2014 | 06:02 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Originally Posted by supercup
When you say your car was quicker can you elaborate on what your testing proceedure was before and after and what your results were? I am interested as I was thinking about one for my 09 997 TT.

Thanks

The car was quicker with the stock set up.. Response is better. Don't waste your money. If it worked I would rave about it.. Find me one person that has installed this that is happy they did it..
Old 12-16-2014 | 06:43 PM
speed21
Banned

I also found the plenum does absolutely nothing. Actually less than nothing when you consider the new price and the pain installing it only to arrive at the rude awakening it was a total utter con. When I sold my 997 I ended up unloading mine for 200 bucks and felt guilty for selling it actually. I also have to come clean and admit the car felt a touch better without it. In a way I wish I just threw it in the scrap and took my medicine because I just know the buyer will now think I ripped him off. I feel bad about that. I will say I'm totally mystified when I read stories on these forums about guys saying they work. I even read it again just recently on the 991tt forums too. Some dude going on about how it is the best thing ever. Ridiculous! Its this kind of BS that sucks innocent punters in. People really should be honest.
Old 12-16-2014 | 07:50 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Originally Posted by speed21
I also found the plenum does absolutely nothing. Actually less than nothing when you consider the new price and the pain installing it only to arrive at the rude awakening it was a total utter con. When I sold my 997 I ended up unloading mine for 200 bucks and felt guilty for selling it actually. I also have to come clean and admit the car felt a touch better without it. In a way I wish I just threw it in the scrap and took my medicine because I just know the buyer will now think I ripped him off. I feel bad about that. I will say I'm totally mystified when I read stories on these forums about guys saying they work. I even read it again just recently on the 991tt forums too. Some dude going on about how it is the best thing ever. Ridiculous! Its this kind of BS that sucks innocent punters in. People really should be honest.

Well put my friend. I'm afraid men are suckers for magic "go fast" parts..

Quick Reply: 997TT IPD Plenum / Plenum & TB packages