Hi, New here! Track problems with toy

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 03:30 PM
Dan_lie
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hi, New here! Track problems with toy

Hi,

New here to the forum but been lurking for some time.

I have an 09 tt tip. Third one, i always seem drawn back to it.

I was recently on the track for the first time and have a few questions.

Firstly the brakes were great, Used AP racing fluid and had no issues with stopping power. Slightly spongey after over an hour of fun leaving the track.

Suspension i have issues, Its currently only on springs. It has way to much body roll and understeer. It seems when you think you are losing the rear it just judders as opposed to slides. Any thoughts?

Ive been looking at the TPC DSC, but not sure if this is all that id need if I'm going to track quite a bit. Would i be better off with KW3's and sway bars?

Lastly, Towards the end i was feeling a lag in boost, its about 30c at night here in Dubai and was wondering if this was heat soak, would intercoolers solve this? If so, which ones are my best option taking into consideration price as well?

The obligatory picture of course...

Thanks,

Alex
Old 11-21-2014, 09:51 PM
512bb
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Give TPC Racing a call. It does sound like you are getting heat soaked, which is not good and you need to cool down the engine. As for the suspension, first and foremost decided exactly what you want the suspension to do, comfor on the road or track oriented with some discomfort on the road and etc.

TPC will be able to set you up with a suspension that will do exactly what you want it to do on the track. Look at their racing heritage and in my opinion the best shop for products and set-up for someone who wants to track their turbo.

I am not affiliated, but just a happy customer.

Best of luck.

Quick Reply: Hi, New here! Track problems with toy