Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 102 Posts

That makes sense.
Old 04-27-2019, 12:45 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,122 Likes on 1,338 Posts

Another huge DSC fan here.

I also made this crude / short video of how to install for those thinking about buying one. 10 min. deal at best for awesome results from a great product.

The following users liked this post:
RockyTop (02-26-2022)
Old 04-27-2019, 01:45 PM
Dodaleca
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 46 Posts

For me it's a solid "9/10" - in actual performance it's a 10 but I'm subtracting a point for the price and the flimsy rattling feel of it compared to the stock Porsche PASM module.
Old 04-27-2019, 02:50 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dodaleca
For me it's a solid "9/10" - in actual performance it's a 10 but I'm subtracting a point for the price and the flimsy rattling feel of it compared to the stock Porsche PASM module.
LOL Agreed!

But once in there, it's a solid 10!

Old 04-27-2019, 05:46 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 83 Posts

I give it a “Smoke and Mirrors” 10! Tested a buddy’s and I felt nothing, so I saved $1100. Next is a 150 NOS shot!
Old 04-27-2019, 06:02 PM
Carlos4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 504 Likes on 132 Posts

Last edited by Carlos4S; 07-11-2019 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Added price
Old 04-29-2019, 05:58 PM
TTG
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by atcbi5
I give it a “Smoke and Mirrors” 10! Tested a buddy’s and I felt nothing, so I saved $1100. Next is a 150 NOS shot!
Thank you. Between you and Quadcammer's earlier comment, I am going to save the $$$ as well.

This reminds me about the threads on BMW forums about the sprintbooster being the best mod ever and that everybody had to have one. I pulled the trigger bought one, did not get the fuss as the car did the very same-thing in sport mode without this gadget...I of course eneded up losing $$ and selling it.

For the price this thing costs, TPC should send us a test module or should have a 30 days no questions asked return policy.
Old 04-29-2019, 06:03 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TTG
Thank you. Between you and Quadcammer's earlier comment, I am going to save the $$$ as well.

This reminds me about the threads on BMW forums about the sprintbooster being the best mod ever and that everybody had to have one. I pulled the trigger bought one, did not get the fuss as the car did the very same-thing in sport mode without this gadget...I of course eneded up losing $$ and selling it.

For the price this thing costs, TPC should send us a test module or should have a 30 days no questions asked return policy.

There are simply too many positive comments on this product for it to be "S & M's". Too many people that truly know these cars and race / drive them hard.

I know it's a steep price, but I found it worth it after only a few mins. of driving with mine.

To each his own.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:33 AM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

Received 354 Likes on 90 Posts

Guys, i will have the TPC DSC module coming off my 997.2 TTS in a few days, it will be for sale for $900, if anyone needs one feel free to shoot me a PM or text me 516-852-5424, i will sell it for $900. its the newer one with two modes and in the white casing.

thank you
Old 04-30-2019, 10:55 AM
pressure ratio
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TTG

One of those guys had the old programs. Not the newer 2 mode program. That could have something to do with it. The other guy lives in Florida and can probably ride around in the stock Sport mode 95% of the time due to their roads. He also didn't comment if he drove the car back to back with the stock module and the DSC module. Everyone has their opinions. But just wanted to point those two things out. There is no way that a passive suspension is capable of doing what an active suspension does. If programmed well that is. And that fact that they increase the window of operating range of the shock/strut control clues you into the fact that potential for improvement is definitely there. Especially in comfort.

I agree the price is steep. I opened my box and pulled out this light plastic module and my heart sank into my stomach. "What did I do?!" haha The module isn't anything substantial in your hands. Not like a billet Numeric shifter or billet suspension part. But the trick is in the programming. Installed and on the first test drive I was impressed on how plush that car was just cruising around in normal mode. That right there almost made it worth the money. Then as I drove the car more and threw it around it seemed to be more compliant and level when I threw the car around. When I get to the road course soon I plan to test out the car on both modules. I am sure I will be impressed there as well. But I get the concern of the part for the cost. For some it the cost may not be worth what they get in return. I get that.

SprintBooster hahaha This is far from something that just increases the throttle position map. I would call or email them and ask about their return policy. Because of the fact that it does work so well, even in just making a more plush ride alone, that I can't see most people, if not anyone, returning it. Many people commented that they could tell a difference pulling out of their driveway. Myself included. If you email or call them and they say they will take it back in x amount of days, what would you have to lose? Definitely worth the effort to contact them to see what they say. Maybe @DSC Sport can help you out?

I am not affiliated with DSC in any way. But I am a believer in their product's capabilities.

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
Guys, i will have the TPC DSC module coming off my 997.2 TTS in a few days, it will be for sale for $900, if anyone needs one feel free to shoot me a PM or text me 516-852-5424, i will sell it for $900. its the newer one with two modes and in the white casing.

thank you
And just a FYI for everyone, the DSC controller I just received from them is Gold. Seems they have switched back colors.
Old 04-30-2019, 01:46 PM
gsxrjjordan
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just a thought from someone who just bought one here on the forum.

Comparisons:
I have a 2016 CTS-V with GM's gen3 Magride - it's considered one of, if not the, best OE active suspension systems in a very nice chassis
I also have my time attack car with custom-valved Ohlins - not active, but on a big-aero car with incredibly stiff springs (900#F and 1000#R) it rides like a dream over any pavement. I drive it on the street so have done back-to-back comparisons.
I feel like I have a pretty good feel for what proper suspension "feels like" on the street (I don't track/race my 3500lb Porsche street car).

In my 997.2 and street tires, the stock PASM Normal mode was comfortable, but not plush. It'd still get a little out of sorts on the crap streets California (and most of the nation) is stuck with in certain areas. Chassis control was OK, but definitely a lot of squat under throttle and dive under braking. Unless you're turning, it's sooooooooooft.
On PASM Sport mode, it was firm, but "firm for no reason" - it upset the chassis over what I feel like were small bumps, not terribly, but noticeably enough that I wouldn't casually cruise in Sport like I would in the Cadillac. And because of this, whenever I put the DME into Sport mode, I'd then have to toggle off PASM if I wanted to be back in Normal mode - a small annoyance.

When I installed the DSC Controller this weekend, I flashed to the newest firmware and map. Toggling on Sport mode on the DME does not automatically toggle on Sport mode on PASM. Interesting.
PASM Normal is much better - the squat and dive are under control now, and it feels like it actually rides softer over the same bumps in my commute, weirdly enough. When you give it throttle around a turn, it doesn't feel like it's in desperate need of a sway bar in the back anymore either.
PASM Sport is a little better - I haven't had it through the canyons yet, but I will say that it's noticeably less punishing, to the point where I turned it on in stop-and-go traffic on the freeway and forgot I'd left it on.

As with anything YMMV, but for me with my 997.2 (always going to be a street car), I'll be keeping PASM and the DSC controller, and possibly going to Bilstein Damptronics, rather than a set of Ohlins R&T's which would cost less overall but lose the now-valuable PASM.

Last edited by gsxrjjordan; 04-30-2019 at 03:33 PM. Reason: typos
Old 04-30-2019, 02:30 PM
Turboslut
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO

thank you

Just to be clear...this will work on both 997.1 and 997.2 Turbo cars.

GLWS
Old 04-30-2019, 02:50 PM
Brainz
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 102 Posts

Great summary from gsxrjjordan. I'd second his description.
Old 05-01-2019, 01:00 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

3rd!!
Old 05-01-2019, 06:19 AM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
There are simply too many positive comments on this product for it to be "S & M's". Too many people that truly know these cars and race / drive them hard.

I know it's a steep price, but I found it worth it after only a few mins. of driving with mine.

To each his own.

Very true. Off topic a little but best mod I have done, Europipe. My next mod will be the B16 damptronics. I want to have full adjustability on my suspension. Maybe with that system, the DSC will work better? The B8 seems fine but for a few more coins I get infinite adjustable height.

Quick Reply: TPC's magic PASM controller (DSC)