Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front grills to protect radiators for 997 turbo.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 05:05 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

back on topic guys.

However this bickering is light compared some guys on other forums who get completely out of hand.

Anyways - I'm sending Peter Langston and Heidi Salt (of Zunsport) one last email. They were responsive and helpful until i mentioned the 20% discount code (13 days ago). After that I a follow up (10 days ago) with no response. I may give it another week after this last email. After that I may have to call the CC company.

Don't see any reason my messages should take long to respond. When I sell stuff on ebay/CL and am always right on top of people getting them responses. I don't like waiting long and as an occasional seller, communication is KEY.

GTRNICK - I sent you a PM, any help appreciated.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:21 PM
GTRNICK
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ibanezgod
back on topic guys.

However this bickering is light compared some guys on other forums who get completely out of hand.

Anyways - I'm sending Peter Langston and Heidi Salt (of Zunsport) one last email. They were responsive and helpful until i mentioned the 20% discount code (13 days ago). After that I a follow up (10 days ago) with no response. I may give it another week after this last email. After that I may have to call the CC company.

Don't see any reason my messages should take long to respond. When I sell stuff on ebay/CL and am always right on top of people getting them responses. I don't like waiting long and as an occasional seller, communication is KEY.

Well when I first started sending them emails Peter was not receiving them from myself so im not trying to give excuses but it may be the case there is something wrong on their end.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:30 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Originally Posted by GTRNICK
Well when I first started sending them emails Peter was not receiving them from myself so im not trying to give excuses but it may be the case there is something wrong on their end.
I included info@zunsport.co.uk on the email. I should probably submit something on their site directly as well.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:02 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 519 Likes on 280 Posts

Suppliers that operate like this as in Long delays between Accounts Receivable minus Parts Shipped usually alert me that they have a "cash" problem...never a good sign...

Buy local from your local guy...befriend them...it will pay dividends when you need help...just IMHO.

Good luck.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:51 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 886 Likes on 584 Posts

back on topic guys.

agreed.
i recommend that you call them.
good luck sorting it out.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:36 AM
GTRNICK
Racer

I included info@zunsport.co.uk on the email. I should probably submit something on their site directly as well.
All sorted and it was a spam issue.

You will be hearing from them soon.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:42 PM
pitemacc
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Did an order and made the payment, 5 days later the package arrivde to Sweden.
Verry satisfied whit the product.
Nemas problems.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:03 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Originally Posted by GTRNICK
All sorted and it was a spam issue. You will be hearing from them soon.
Looks like it's sorted out. Peter got back to me and said they had a server issue. They are shipping the outter grills and I have to see if I can move the jammers to a better location before they cut the grill. But seems to be ok now. Thanks for the help

Looks like they want me to move the jammers. Not sure it's possible as they are glued down onto the air duct wing. Thoughts on whether I should or not? Probably have to go to a dealer and spend an hour to have then moved.

From this

To this

Last edited by Ibanezgod; 11-07-2014 at 09:09 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:46 PM
GTRNICK
Racer

No problem. Anytime.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:55 PM
sidwin
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

honestly if you can't figure out how to move something that is glued down, then you should take it to a stereo or body shop and have them move it.

i can see from the picture your wires aren't even tucked/hidden. Looks like doubleside tape if you as me. that's a 5 min job tops. I wouldn't move them up that high. Then you will depend on the adhesive holding them up. They are located in an ideal spot. If anything i would slide them over slighty toward center then cut the mesh with a dremel if it really bothers you. Cops are now being trained to aim for the hood of the car. during my test at 15mph, the jammers don't protect the hood anyways.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:26 AM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Originally Posted by sidwin
honestly if you can't figure out how to move something that is glued down, then you should take it to a stereo or body shop and have them move it. i can see from the picture your wires aren't even tucked/hidden. Looks like doubleside tape if you as me. that's a 5 min job tops. I wouldn't move them up that high. Then you will depend on the adhesive holding them up. They are located in an ideal spot. If anything i would slide them over slighty toward center then cut the mesh with a dremel if it really bothers you. Cops are now being trained to aim for the hood of the car. during my test at 15mph, the jammers don't protect the hood anyways.
Removing the tape is my issue, not because I can't do it ,it's not normal tape. whatever is holding it on is extremely solid and looks like I'll scratch up or damage the wing duct. Looks like it has to be cut off. It's REALLY on there. Would the ideal spot be in the center on the top wing duct?
Old 11-10-2014, 09:39 AM
sidwin
Pro

That's 3m double side tape. Everyone uses it.

More testing done last night. I flashed my blinders to the latest version. At 60mph and a distance 200 yards, the lidar gun could not get a speed on my car at all. My buddy shot the front plate first, then both headlights and got nothing. I also played with the parking feature. Totally useless. By the time it beeps, you would have hit something

If anyone need the config settings let me know. I tweaked and tuned it. Definitely a little buggy at first.

Thanks - Sid
Old 11-10-2014, 09:41 AM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

That's 3m double side tape. Everyone uses it. More testing done last night. I flashed my blinders to the latest version. At 60mph and a distance 200 yards, the lidar gun could not get a speed on my car at all. My buddy shot the front plate first, then both headlights and got nothing. I also played with the parking feature. Totally useless. By the time it beeps, you would have hit something If anyone need the config settings let me know. I tweaked and tuned it. Definitely a little buggy at first. Thanks - Sid
Guess I just need to heat it up to remove it then?
Old 11-10-2014, 09:57 AM
sidwin
Pro

Guess I just need to heat it up to remove it then?
or slap the grill over them

heat might be a good or bad idea depending on how much flexing you see from the grill. you would need to be able to regulate the amount of heat.

you could also use goo gone or other adhesive chemical remover.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:18 AM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

or slap the grill over them

heat might be a good or bad idea depending on how much flexing you see from the grill. you would need to be able to regulate the amount of heat.

you could also use goo gone or other adhesive chemical remover.
need either a knife to cut it off or blowdryer to loosen the glue. It's just on there solid. Zunsport said they won't do the grill unless i move the jammers. Also I thought reading above that the grill in front of the jammers was a bad idea and made them less effective.

Quick Reply: Front grills to protect radiators for 997 turbo.