Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Such a Dissapointing Weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014 | 08:10 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

^who are you Sie Lügner? Which dealership are you? Where are you located? Are you a member here?
I don't remember the OP listing your dealership...
Just curious...
Old 07-02-2014 | 01:19 AM
Seeeu911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Psup4s
I would have handled this a little different. Start a private conversation with the other party and try to mend things with him......I bet the OP would have deleted his post. We've all been there, dealers play games all the time and pdealers unfortunately are NO exception and honestly, If I was in your area I would avoid dealing with your dealership. This feeling mostly shared by everyone here
Speak for your self. I'm in the area have dealt with them and would again.
Old 07-02-2014 | 01:30 AM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Seeeu911
Speak for your self. I'm in the area have dealt with them and would again.
Old 07-02-2014 | 01:44 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Originally Posted by Sie Lügner
anyone consider the fact that he could have handled this different and literally none of this convo would be happening?

I could understand if he called and I said the car was here and after he made the long drive up turns out it wasnt really here. I hear of dealers doing that all the time. No wonder everyone hates car dealerships. I get it. It will never happen from me though.

If I wasnt clear enough in my first post...he refused to answer calls/texts/emails for almost a month and then writes negative reviews all over several sites because I didnt tell him the car sold.
The point is that his actions of posting all over the internet how terrible we are was unnecessary and could have been avoided by one simple phone call from him making sure it was still here before his long drive. Not only did he post all of this stuff online, he felt the need to screen shot and email it to me at 3am...seriously? No one else sees the ridiculousness in this?
Again, just ignore it. No serious buyer really pays attention to that stuff, never dive into the mud
Old 07-02-2014 | 08:03 AM
Vivid
Advanced

anyone consider the fact that he could have handled this different and literally none of this convo would be happening?

I could understand if he called and I said the car was here and after he made the long drive up turns out it wasnt really here. I hear of dealers doing that all the time. No wonder everyone hates car dealerships. I get it. It will never happen from me though.

If I wasnt clear enough in my first post...he refused to answer calls/texts/emails for almost a month and then writes negative reviews all over several sites because I didnt tell him the car sold.
The point is that his actions of posting all over the internet how terrible we are was unnecessary and could have been avoided by one simple phone call from him making sure it was still here before his long drive. Not only did he post all of this stuff online, he felt the need to screen shot and email it to me at 3am...seriously? No one else sees the ridiculousness in this?
Whether you are right or not is totally irrelevant. As I have said before you ultimate goal is to sell cars. Do you really think coming on to the internet, posting phone records and calling out a potential customer is a good idea? Does it really show you to be honest, easy to work with and someone who one would want to do business with. Right now you are only harming yourself by continuing to labor the point. I can say for sure that because of your actions here I would not want to do business with you. You seem argumentative and generally unpleasant to deal with. God forbid I did do business with you and something went wrong, what would you do then?

As I started this post, "whether you are right or not is totally irrelevant. As I have said before you ultimate goal is to sell cars." Does posting here help you sell cars? The answer is very obviously NO! But I really should not have to tell you that.
Old 07-02-2014 | 10:32 AM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Igooz, there are 2 stories here, the OP started one and than the Nikon guy started an other. The Nikon guy spelled out 'Melbourne Porsche'.
Now it seems this dealership has done what it could to reach out to the customer.
The customer however did not reply or respond.
The dealership sold the car and 'out of the blue' the customer turns up to look at the car and is pissed. He starts an internet war against the dealership bashing him wherever he can.

I think the sales guy at Melbourne has every right like any one else to defend himself. Why does a dealership have to swallow everything? I do not get that!

I used to live in Florida, not too far from Melbourne and I know several people who speak highly of this Porsche dealership.
Old 07-02-2014 | 10:51 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Maybe so..

But when someone bashes my place of work, I tend to take it personal.
Its how I provide for myself. Everyone should be able to relate to that.
Thanks for posting. I have no problem hearing your side of the story. Running a business is never easy nor perfect but you can get close by trying. You appear to care and that is what matters. Your comments don't seem nasty, just honest. I can see there are two sides to the story.

Hey - what ever happened to the OP who flew to Denver? One post and he's gone?
Old 07-02-2014 | 03:51 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Denis with his turbo
Igooz, there are 2 stories here, the OP started one and than the Nikon guy started an other. The Nikon guy spelled out 'Melbourne Porsche'....
Thanks Denis...I missed the Mebourne Porsche and the Nikon Guy...I only saw the OP and a reference to Denver. I am CO guy so was wondering what happened. Thanks...
Old 07-03-2014 | 12:17 PM
hot nikon
Racer

Guys, I'm going to be polite and say that this was just an error of omission.

But, having said that, how long would it have taken to text "Sold TT, will let you know if we get another."?

I was wrong also. I didn't remember the cardinal rule when working with dealerships: Take nothing for granted and assume nothing.

Porsche had a great June, they won't miss me as a customer either way. I wish them the best.
Old 07-03-2014 | 07:07 PM
robhamster
Instructor

Sorry a Denver Pcar guy was so lax. Glad you enjoyed downtown. I work downtown and eat too much good food there. I love driving a tt in this environment. Altitude has a big effect on normal aspiration. Good luck with your car search. The boost is hard to beat.
Old 07-04-2014 | 10:06 AM
atcbi5
Banned

I seems to me like the salesman lost the sale to another salesman. Why come on here and post all that stuff. First come, first served.
Old 07-06-2014 | 10:09 AM
flyjets
Burning Brakes

U guys need to grow up and grow a set get your act together.

Buyer beware never drive somewhere unless you confirm the car is still for sale.
Never buy a car any car without seeing it in person. "Hire someone or get a friend to loo is OK"

How many times on here do we here this happening !!!!!!

Ian
Old 07-07-2014 | 05:56 PM
kkswow12
Drifting

Originally Posted by eviligloo
Did you see this one? It's right in your back yard and roughly the same price you were looking at. It's atlas gray.

Link to Atlas Gray 07 turbo

Wow! 1 owner and CPO'd for a good price. Good find!
but not ONE pic of the interior... hate that!
Old 07-08-2014 | 10:25 PM
Socialpro
Rennlist Member

Still Looking! Must be low mileage / great condition stock or very close to it 07-09 TT! West Coast preferably!
Old 07-08-2014 | 10:56 PM
CT944
Drifting

Originally Posted by kkswow12
but not ONE pic of the interior... hate that!
Definitely not Atlas gray, it looks more Meteor gray to me. Pic of my Atlas for comparison.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Such a Dissapointing Weekend!