Sponsored by:

Vehicle Recovery System Homemade

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 06:03 PM
sidwin
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Vehicle Recovery System Homemade

I called my insurance and they told me if i had a VRS installed they would knock a $100 off a year. That was a no brainer so i started researching. Everyone charges crazy fees so i said why not use something simple like an Iphone with findmyiphone on it... Then I searched amazon. I said someone has to make what i'm looking for... sure enough $39.99
Amazon.com : Sourcingbay Tracking Drive Vehicle Car Tracker Gps/gsm/gprs System : GPS & Navigation Amazon.com : Sourcingbay Tracking Drive Vehicle Car Tracker Gps/gsm/gprs System : GPS & Navigation

then add an H20 sim for only .01
Amazon.com: H2O Wireless AT&T Compatible Standard SIM Card: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: H2O Wireless AT&T Compatible Standard SIM Card: Cell Phones & Accessories

Now i have a fully functional VRS. I cut all the wires i knew i wasn't going to use and which meant only black and red are used. I activated the Sim which cost $10 for 3 months worth of service. That means $36 a year plus $40 for the unit and i managed to save money and now i can locate my car anytime. it has a bunch of features like txt when battery is dead, geofencing, etc. If my insurance company ask for proof of monitoring i can simply send them my h2o bill and copy of the device. Installation was stupid easy. I hooked it directly to the battery and mounted the unit to the battery with the antenna's with double side tape.

Thanks,
Sid
Old 06-23-2014, 06:46 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

GD Sid, you're slick!
Old 06-23-2014, 07:06 PM
sidwin
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

GF- i finished flashing the tooki. Didn't see much difference there. Dension upgrade was worth it's weight in gold. works awesome now. Still weird menu interface but i tested A2DP, USB drive, Lightning adapter and it all works.

New plate and your plate is going in the mail tomorrow. Window tint and upholstery is next.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:43 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Damn you don't waste time!
I don't even know what an azdp is....

Quick Reply: Vehicle Recovery System Homemade