Sponsored by:

CPO is already paying off!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 04:32 PM
9LVN_TT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CPO is already paying off!

Had my first test with CPO Warranty and it was successful!

Bought my used '08 997 TT last October and it came with a 2yr CPO from the Porsche dealer. During my search, I only wanted a CPO car and was willing to pay for the additional peace of mind. The car came with some nice factory interior CF bits - center console, cup holder tray, shifter, handbrake and seat belt pillars. When the dealer I bought the car from sent me some initial pics of the interior they noted that the CF was starting to separate, mainly in the center console and cup holder tray - the rest seemed fine. When I received the car, I noticed that the rest was starting to fade as well. The fact that Porsche CF isn't the greatest are documented well on this forum.

That said, I decided to bring it in to my local Porsche dealer and have them take a closer look to see if they could help. They took some pics and sent a note off to PNA. Got a call today asking me to come in tomorrow to have their tech confirm all of the defective pieces so they can order everything as PNA had approved to replace every CF part that was not up to par - all covered under CPO

The center console alone sells for $2K! $600 for the cup holder! Im quite happy im not on the hook for these and that PNA stepped up to the plate on this one.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:59 PM
ChrisAW
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CPO is the only way to go.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:56 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I did the exact same thing, last yr my cf was doing the same thing, they took pics and replaced the entire cf, all of it, 6200$ worth.
Since then zero issues. I think when these cars sit outside at dealers etc the extreme heat and cold does a number.
I have 6 mos left, I'll have them do an oil change and go over it again.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:09 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

wow that's awesome. Good to know I didn't know the CF was subpar.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:34 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Same here .. Almost all my CF was replaced under CPO. Just goes to show what crap Porsche CF is. It always fails and cracks and or discolors..

Agree with Chris.. When the car sits outside the CF suffers.

Yes I loved my CPO too!
Old 05-15-2014, 11:24 PM
bgrpph
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

bought one owner, 07 TT, Tip, 19k miles w 2 yr CPO, 15 months ago at a fabulous price- The CF defroster trim was coming up & steering wheel had a sharp lip in back- Tried to get these fixed before i bought but dealer refused -i didn't complain- I bought defroster trim in leather & replaced it myself, before i knew CPO would cover. Dealer did replace my CF steering wheel under CPO- Had CEL light come on few times- they replace Tstat/ various sensors, it came back on month later- same issue temp signal implausable- replaced few more
sensors- been fine for 6 months now-
Just bought Fidelity Platinum warranty good for another 6 yrs & 60k miles- Debated on this but went ahead as local dealer stopped selling Fidelity & sells Zurich now which is way more $. Got it at Sunset at good discount. Peace of mind now, i just love the car & plan on keeping it & i'm covered till 2020 /84k miles.

Last edited by bgrpph; 05-15-2014 at 11:27 PM. Reason: add item
Old 05-16-2014, 01:12 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

If the dealer fixes it before the sale it's on them, if after its cpo covered. That's why they won't do it presale.
Sitting in the sun will warp the cf, below freezing will crack. I would never order it on a car I spec'd.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:27 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 511 Likes on 188 Posts

So weird that Porsche's CF coating is so poor. Never had that issue with CF in my previous Audis...
Old 05-16-2014, 06:03 PM
9LVN_TT
Pro

Originally Posted by ilko
So weird that Porsche's CF coating is so poor. Never had that issue with CF in my previous Audis...
Agreed. My RS4 CF was perfect. Looked brand new right up until the day I sold the car.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:05 PM
9LVN_TT
Pro

Met with dealer today. Tech ran through the CF and they are ordering a new center console, ash tray cover, cup holder and trim piece. More than they needed to do but they said might as well swap it all out so I don't come back in a year from now asking for the rest.

They told me the center console alone is a huge job. Thankful I'm not paying for any of it!
Old 05-16-2014, 06:09 PM
9LVN_TT
Pro

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
If the dealer fixes it before the sale it's on them, if after its cpo covered. That's why they won't do it presale.
Sitting in the sun will warp the cf, below freezing will crack. I would never order it on a car I spec'd.
This is true. I asked the dealer if they would fix it before I got the car and they said to just deal with it via CPO.

Car was from Texas so I can imagine the sun beat on it pretty good. We don't get that much heat here where I am from. Atleast I'll be good for a few more years to come.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:46 PM
flyjets
Burning Brakes

Received 215 Likes on 131 Posts

CPO only way to go.

Ian
Old 05-16-2014, 08:34 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Originally Posted by 9LVN_TT
This is true. I asked the dealer if they would fix it before I got the car and they said to just deal with it via CPO.

Car was from Texas so I can imagine the sun beat on it pretty good. We don't get that much heat here where I am from. Atleast I'll be good for a few more years to come.
I think these cars live in garages, but when they hit dealers.....outside they go.
Every single part of my cf was f'd up, since they fixed it, good as new....but it never sleeps outside.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:59 AM
Leo997TT
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My CPO pay for a new transmission $25k + even when they knew I had a tune...
Old 05-17-2014, 07:02 AM
9LVN_TT
Pro

Originally Posted by Leo997TT
My CPO pay for a new transmission $25k + even when they knew I had a tune...
That's impressive! How much back and forth was there before that was approved?

Quick Reply: CPO is already paying off!