Sponsored by:

Error message with led side markers

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 07:36 PM
Jenner1
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Error message with led side markers

Recently changed out the interior bulbs to led with no problems at all but when I changed out the side markers to clear lenses with led bulbs I get a message on the dash stating to check the right side marker. I'm assuming that the case is just the computer reading the wrong resistance value from the led bulbs and that's what is throwing the error but just wanted to see what the thoughts were here on the forum. I've fixed this type of issue in the past by adding a resistor in series with the led to match the resistance of the stock bulb. Is this the best option?

Another small issue I'm having is one of my tpms sensors is not registering. This is on an 07 so I'm thinking the batteries might need replacing?
Old 04-30-2014, 10:26 PM
MK_TT
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Correct, with the side markers your going to want to use an "error free" bulb so it does not trip the fault in your instrument cluster.

I would imagine it would be a lot easier and cost effective to source the right bulb then to add resistors to your current ones.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:36 PM
therock88
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jenner1
Recently changed out the interior bulbs to led with no problems at all but when I changed out the side markers to clear lenses with led bulbs I get a message on the dash stating to check the right side marker. I'm assuming that the case is just the computer reading the wrong resistance value from the led bulbs and that's what is throwing the error but just wanted to see what the thoughts were here on the forum. I've fixed this type of issue in the past by adding a resistor in series with the led to match the resistance of the stock bulb. Is this the best option?

Another small issue I'm having is one of my tpms sensors is not registering. This is on an 07 so I'm thinking the batteries might need replacing?
Do you want white or amber LED's ?

Either way, here is all you need...

White

Amber

DC

Quick Reply: Error message with led side markers