Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump for sweet looking ride. GLWS!
Old 05-24-2014, 01:04 AM
igdawgi
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mark's997T
Bump for sweet looking ride. GLWS!
Thanks... I guess these cars are difficult to sell... It took me like a year to sell my 996tt. I'd think with warranty till 5/2015 this car would fly. Especially with all the mods on the vehicle (which warranty was bought with the mods on vehicle)
Old 05-24-2014, 08:34 AM
rotesAuto
Three Wheelin'

Location: North Carolina, '12 cls63 '14 S550V4, 07TT-gone, 07Targa4S-gone
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I personally would not buy such a modded car; especially for that price, others may feel the same way just my thoughts...
you never get out what you put in for mods
Old 05-24-2014, 12:02 PM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by igdawgi
Thanks... I guess these cars are difficult to sell... It took me like a year to sell my 996tt. I'd think with warranty till 5/2015 this car would fly. Especially with all the mods on the vehicle (which warranty was bought with the mods on vehicle)
Not a lot of folks interested in buying 'tuned' Porsche's.
I sold 2 997 turbo's, one within a week, the second within a day.
Both cars CPO and 100% stock.
Old 05-24-2014, 12:26 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes, stock or close to is the way to go.
Having recently come to my senses and pulled mine off the market, I can tell you that your ask is too high. I'd say 79 as is, 77 bone stock.
Glws.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:44 PM
550bryan
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts

This tread is arriving at an interesting aspect of this sale, the impact of mods when selling your car. I'm fully in the more power camp, but I'm reluctant to modify my car for the reasons stated and also because my car is a CPO until the end of 2015. My clutch was slipping so I did put in a Sachs 2.5, but I have an FVD tune sitting on my workbench which hasn't been used. I bough it because the FVD tune has such a great reputation and it was a smoking deal during their Valentine days sale. At first I waited to add the tune because I was resolving the clutch issue but I continue to hesitate due to it's potential impact on the CPO and the resales issues raised above. I'm no expert on TT's, but in general terms it's hard to recover the cost of mods and the pool of potentials buyers is certainly smaller. I wish this weren't the case because by all accounts my FVD tune would really improve the car with little or no downside beyond those I've already mentioned. I may be selling an FVD tune in the near future for a great price but it will be difficult....
Old 05-24-2014, 02:52 PM
9LVN_TT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 550bryan
This tread is arriving at an interesting aspect of this sale, the impact of mods when selling your car. I'm fully in the more power camp, but I'm reluctant to modify my car for the reasons stated and also because my car is a CPO until the end of 2015. My clutch was slipping so I did put in a Sachs 2.5, but I have an FVD tune sitting on my workbench which hasn't been used. I bough it because the FVD tune has such a great reputation and it was a smoking deal during their Valentine days sale. At first I waited to add the tune because I was resolving the clutch issue but I continue to hesitate due to it's potential impact on the CPO and the resales issues raised above. I'm no expert on TT's, but in general terms it's hard to recover the cost of mods and the pool of potentials buyers is certainly smaller. I wish this weren't the case because by all accounts my FVD tune would really improve the car with little or no downside beyond those I've already mentioned. I may be selling an FVD tune in the near future for a great price but it will be difficult....
Well said and I can relate re: the hesitation to mod my Turbo. I have H&R springs, spacers and a Softronic tune all ready to go on to the car but I am hesitant. I have approx. 1.5yrs left on my CPO and fear that putting these items on could backfire. I got the tune a great price, tried to sell it and then chickened out and have since decided to keep it.

Keep the tune....you will likely regret selling it down the road. That deal FVD had going on doesn't come around often.

OP....perhaps some better pics of the car might help? Inside and out to truly show the car off. It's a very nice Turbo unfortunately there are 2 or 3 other nice white ones for sale on here now. GL!
Old 05-24-2014, 03:11 PM
Steamboat
Instructor

igdawgi, You may wish to consider improving the description of your mods. What does a Sharkwerks Stage 2 consist of exactly? Tune? Upgraded turbos? Intercoolers? Evolution Motorsports has some type of affiliation with Sharkwerks so did they write the tune or did some other tuning shop or did Sharkwerks do it themselves? How much power does it (reportedly) make? Has the suspension been improved? What type of Sachs clutch? Etc., etc. You can probably tell that someone like me is into the performance stuff and could care less about the cosmetic improvements. Which brings us to.......

I agree with the recent posters who have pointed out that unless you find the one person in the world who has the same modification tastes as you, it's unlikely you will find anyone willing to pay a premium for them. Mods are just the price you pay to have fun and enjoy your hobby. They don't add much, if any, residual value to what is basically a depreciating asset and some potential buyers may actually seek a discount to cover stuff that inevitably goes wrong with a tuned car. They truly are a labor of love and money as my 775 hp 997.1 has repeatedly taught me.

You have a beautiful car but you might want to take a look at the classifieds and see what similar cars (without mods) are being offered at. They are your competition. GLWS!
Old 05-24-2014, 03:33 PM
dewilmoth
Pro

Received 151 Likes on 83 Posts

I just sold my bone stock 2007 with 13k miles for $80k. It's a finicky market but there are buyers out there. I know when I was searching I wanted stock, but I can't speak for everyone else.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:08 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I had lots of interest, several offers, two deposits (one bounced, I returned the other). I have 6 mos left on the cpo, did the Fvd flash almost immed, zero issues.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:54 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 9LVN_TT
Well said and I can relate re: the hesitation to mod my Turbo. I have H&R springs, spacers and a Softronic tune all ready to go on to the car but I am hesitant.
Those are all easily reversible prior to sale if needed. Softronic tune can be reverted to stock in 5 minutes. And springs / spacers are hardly "mods" and really shouldn't impact resale IMO. Most have concerns about mods that involve the engine, turbos, tunes etc that are not truly "stock" anymore.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:43 PM
igdawgi
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Yes, stock or close to is the way to go.
Having recently come to my senses and pulled mine off the market, I can tell you that your ask is too high. I'd say 79 as is, 77 bone stock.
Glws.
I could settle at 80k. I just put brand new Bridegstones with tpms ($1800) less than 200 miles ago. Really looking for a GT3
Old 05-24-2014, 07:43 PM
550bryan
Pro

Originally Posted by aa909
Those are all easily reversible prior to sale if needed. Softronic tune can be reverted to stock in 5 minutes. And springs / spacers are hardly "mods" and really shouldn't impact resale IMO. Most have concerns about mods that involve the engine, turbos, tunes etc that are not truly "stock" anymore.
I realize I can reverse my FVD tune, as is the case with Softronic GIAC and some others I think. That still concerns me though in terms of resale. Someone looking for a stock TT doesn't want one that has been modded and then returned to stock, they want one that has been stock from the beginning. I'm not a attorney (thank god) but representing a car as stock when you sell it knowing there is a FVD or other tune that has been installed and reversed is a no no. It's a material mis-representation and you could be sued. That is particularly true given that although the tune has been reversed to stock the file still remains on the ECU and if someone is looking carefully can be discovered.
The really frustrating part is these tunes are so good and no one seems to have any trouble with the, they simply make a great car better. The FVD tune has a stellar reputation as well engineered, moderate tune with no downsides. Some tunes are more aggressive I think, but all the major players are highly respected and don't begin to stress the over engineered Mezger engine. That said there are still many drivers out there, the majority I suspect, who want a stock car. I think that includes some buyers who plan to mod the car after they buy it. They want to start from scratch with a know car, with known specs that hasn't been messed with. Then there's the warranty issue to consider.
So that's all very rational, but man as an old drag racer I always will want more power and that FVD tune is very tempting.

Last edited by 550bryan; 05-27-2014 at 11:54 AM.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:21 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 472 Likes on 266 Posts

^Bryan and 9LVN_TT...don't over think this...flash the car and enjoy it. I have a feeling that you are real gear heads and take excellent care of your stuff --> over maintained. I would have NO problem buying a modded car from guys like you or TT Surgeon.

I modify almost every car and every bike to my taste, but always over maintain and fully document everything... Never ever ever have I had someone worry about my stuff!

It is good to worry about the resale in the future, but come on...
Old 05-25-2014, 12:43 AM
550bryan
Pro

Originally Posted by Igooz
^Bryan and 9LVN_TT...don't over think this...flash the car and enjoy it. I have a feeling that you are real gear heads and take excellent care of your stuff --> over maintained. I would have NO problem buying a modded car from guys like you or TT Surgeon.

I modify almost every car and every bike to my taste, but always over maintain and fully document everything... Never ever ever have I had someone worry about my stuff!

It is good to worry about the resale in the future, but come on...
Your a wise man Lgooz.......

Quick Reply: FS: 2007 997tt. White on Black