JarheadGT3
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How can I argue with that logic...
Old 02-13-2014, 02:39 AM
Spice_77
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Must resist!!!!! After reading all the positives I'm finding it hard to resist, and that's without living in the US and being able to take advantage of the sale price!!
Old 02-13-2014, 04:27 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Spice_77
Must resist!!!!! After reading all the positives I'm finding it hard to resist, and that's without living in the US and being able to take advantage of the sale price!!
I shop worldwide frequently. Why don't you just call Rhonda?
Old 02-13-2014, 10:13 AM
Spice_77
Track Day

Originally Posted by jcnesq
I shop worldwide frequently. Why don't you just call Rhonda?
Nooooo. Must resist!!
Old 02-13-2014, 01:09 PM
RPB
Intermediate

I know it has been said before but it needs to be repeated. The people at FVD Brombacher are competent and easy to work with.

I purchased the ECU update from FVD last week.. I received the package yesterday and attempted to begin the process of updating the My Genius device. I have a 64 bit Windows 7 desk top computer. The installation cancelled because the program needed "FTCHIPID.dll. Rhonda had earlier cautioned me in a email that some computers would have this problem. I am a "geezer" and I couldn't puzzle out her instructions. Anyhow I called FVD this morning and Florian (in Germany) straighten me out. I now have a clear picture on how to proceed and will continue the quest for more "Porsche juice" tonight after work. Those people could not have been nicer

Hopefully tomorrow night, I will be testing the extra hp & torque.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:02 PM
eNVy997tt
Track Day

Thanks everyone for sharing, I was happy to check my email to find that my genius will arrive tomorrow! To those that have already done this... How long will it take to receive the file back from ze Germans? Now that I have spent the money, the anticipation is killing me!
Old 02-13-2014, 09:33 PM
bill8411
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tried to buy today, phone lines busy all but one time, then left message.

Imagine many of us have waited until last minute!

Excited for spring and first run around the block!

Old 02-13-2014, 10:39 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by eNVy997tt
Thanks everyone for sharing, I was happy to check my email to find that my genius will arrive tomorrow! To those that have already done this... How long will it take to receive the file back from ze Germans? Now that I have spent the money, the anticipation is killing me!
Sent my stock file Sunday afternoon. Got mod file back at 1:00am that night. I think if you send it before Noon U.S. time [not completely sure about this time] you will get it back the same day. Meanwhile you can prepare by watching the install vid on FVD's site a couple times and also download the written instructions. Took me about 20-30 minutes to do the FULL stock download, and about 5-10 minutes to upload the mod file (PARTIAL upload).
Old 02-14-2014, 06:47 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You all are going to be so happy.. I'm amazed that a lot of you waited so long to get a tune.. But hey, at that price it was worth the wait!!

I can't imagine driving without a tune.. I have the Protomotive race has tune. About 50 more hp that the pump gas tune. I can break loose all four tires!

Great thread! It's great to hear of so many satisfied customers and great customer support..

Quick Reply: First Impressions - FVD ECU Reflash