Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softronic Tunes SALE - Software Company...New Site & No Vivid!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 11:49 AM
therock88
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Softronic Tunes SALE - Software Company...New Site & No Vivid!

Hey Guys....

Shared this on 6Speedonline, and Scott is now giving a lower price/discount. Wanted to share with you guys to take advantage also...

Anyone on the fence...Get the tune!

Link to article:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...-no-vivid.html

My Post:

Hi Guys...

I have seen a number of posts on this site and others like Rennlist, Renntech, etc. regarding VividRacing and Softronic tunes, and there seems to be a lot of confusion... Even one post that said Softronic out of business?...because they clicked a link that was moved.....Also lots of you 6Speeders on the fence about getting a tune!

So I did a little research (on my own)...Nothing here formal or sanctioned by either Softronic or Vivid of course ...But hope it is useful/helpful.

I found that www.softronicsoftware.com is the official site and unique distributor for the Softronic tunes...confusing because some other sites sound similar like Softronictuning.com! Unbelievably (to me)...if you Google Softronic and click the Softronictuning.com link it takes you to Vivid's new tuning site?? How can that be OK??

Anyway...many of the sites that have Softronic in the url have been updated to redirect you to the REAL Softronic site @ www.softronicsoftware.com.

So, as for the tune etc...I have no inside knowledge, but found it interesting that on the 997 (and possibly other) sections of the new Vivid tune site, they are using the same Dyno's and images as Softronic tunes when they sold it???...Just check the dates etc...I actually bought my Softronic tune from Vivid, and had no idea of the setup/relationship/or how it worked...but I downloaded and saved all the documentation, because I am ****.

My first impressions of Softronic service when I bought it were not that good actually...WHY?? Because I did not know Vivid and Softronic were different companies....When I had a CEL and called Vivid, I got jacked around and frustrated....Dan connected me with Scott (who I now know owns Softronic) and he sorted it all out for me.....Then got solicited by Vivid to write a favorable impression here...which I did....including the service that I thought was Vivid/Softronic as one company, but actually was Scott who got me straight. Since then I have been very appreciative of Scott's support and willingness to always help (This dude is one smart Marine!).

So Vivid has a tune.... I have no idea about it except all the similarities I see from when I got my Softronic tune from them and downloaded all the documentation. Is it any good? No idea....Would not try it personally..but just my opinion.

So not looking to start a tune war...Please..Please...Please! Everyone get the one you like/want/prefer...tastes the best...whatever...

I just personally know I love my Softronic tune, and has been trouble free for a long while now...I took it off once and could not believe how Slow the car felt ...Anyone on the fence...Get a tune and an exhaust and you will have enough power to kill yourself

I know Scott periodically reads through and responds to posts, so maybe as he ventures out on his new start with his brand, he may be willing to offer all these loyal and potential 6Speeder Turbo speed junkies a group buy? Or Special deal??

Hope this was helpful...clarified some of the recent confusion...and most of all...Helps some of you "on the fencers" get a good deal on a great tune (Softronic).....All this of course is MY OPINION....nothing more.

DC
Old 01-23-2014, 12:17 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice post. I also have the softronic tune and it's been amazing. really improved the overall feel and responsiveness of the car as well as the obvious power and torque increase
Old 01-23-2014, 01:48 PM
therock88
Pro

Thanks....Definitely noticable!

DC
Old 01-23-2014, 03:39 PM
ChrisAW
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered today. I can't wait!
Old 01-23-2014, 03:51 PM
therock88
Pro

Originally Posted by ChrisAW
I ordered today. I can't wait!
ChrisAW...

I could not beleive the deal he has on his site! I wish I would have gotten that deal...But I bought a while back from Vivid (only place at the time)...

Any way...I would love to hear your impressions after you install....I was smiling for months. You will be amazed....after a while you get used to it though (like anything)....And I would recommend if you do, that you flash back to stock and take a ride....You will not believe how slow it feels without the tune...No kidding.

You got a great deal on this thing, from what I have seen.

Good luck and enjoy that extra power! Be careful though...

DC
Old 01-23-2014, 04:11 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by therock88
ChrisAW...

I could not beleive the deal he has on his site! I wish I would have gotten that deal...But I bought a while back from Vivid (only place at the time)...

Any way...I would love to hear your impressions after you install....I was smiling for months. You will be amazed....after a while you get used to it though (like anything)....And I would recommend if you do, that you flash back to stock and take a ride....You will not believe how slow it feels without the tune...No kidding.

DC
that is soooooooo true!! I've found that "speed", or more accurately acceleration, is all about "surprise" vs "anticipation". If you let someone else drive your car while you sit in the passenger seat then you'll know what I'm talking about. As the driver you anticipate and "lean" into the acceleration because you know exactly when you're going to mash the pedal, so you're able to compensate for the sudden G forces. That's why after a while the tune feels "slow", you've gotten better at subconsciously anticipating and leaning into faster acceleration from the tune.

Next time you're out try to notice how you lean forward as you do a 4th to 3rd downshift and mash the pedal, then compare that with your passenger who gets pinned in the sit and looks like they may pee their pants LOL!!!
Old 01-23-2014, 04:29 PM
therock88
Pro

Originally Posted by aa909
that is soooooooo true!! I've found that "speed", or more accurately acceleration, is all about "surprise" vs "anticipation". If you let someone else drive your car while you sit in the passenger seat then you'll know what I'm talking about. As the driver you anticipate and "lean" into the acceleration because you know exactly when you're going to mash the pedal, so you're able to compensate for the sudden G forces. That's why after a while the tune feels "slow", you've gotten better at subconsciously anticipating and leaning into faster acceleration from the tune.

Next time you're out try to notice how you lean forward as you do a 4th to 3rd downshift and mash the pedal, then compare that with your passenger who gets pinned in the sit and looks like they may pee their pants LOL!!!
Cracking me up Soooo....

My neighbor is an anestheseologist and likes cars...and he bought a new Mustang GT California Edition, put Borla exhaust and a tune (beautiful car BTW!).....Then he said..."Hey man, I want you to drive my car and tell me what you think"...Reluctantly I did drive his car (I usually do not like to drive other people's cars)....Now after driving he said "heh..heh..? What did you think"...I said...."it is very nice....quick car!"....Then he said..."Hey, will you take me for a ride in your 997 Turbo".....So I did.....let it warm up a bit, found a straight road, punched it, and watched his face....he almost crapped himself!....He turned blue.....I said nothing.....He said "Man...my car is a piece of sh*t! " hehe...then I had to talk him off a ledge the rest of the ride...Thought it was funny...TT speaks for itself....

DC
Old 01-23-2014, 05:00 PM
Farfelc2s
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Softtronic

Bought mine today as well.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:43 PM
steve k ny
Instructor

such an insane deal, and you guys are getting a durametric with it.. im jealous !

cant wait to get some reviews.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:34 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Farfelc2s
Bought mine today as well.
Great deal. You'll love it!
Old 01-23-2014, 10:07 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

I live 30 minutes from Scott and he did my tune flawlessly and I have never had an issue. Car has driven like the Star Enterprise since. Love it.

jay
Old 01-24-2014, 11:28 AM
ChrisAW
Intermediate

Originally Posted by therock88
ChrisAW...

DC
My plan is to take the car out a few times in the spring with the stock tune tune to get used to it again after winter then add the tune to really see the difference..... Orrrrrrr I might just install it ASAP and smash the peddle to the floor on the first warm day. Not sure if I have the patients to be all scientific ha.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:23 PM
therock88
Pro

Originally Posted by ChrisAW
My plan is to take the car out a few times in the spring with the stock tune tune to get used to it again after winter then add the tune to really see the difference..... Orrrrrrr I might just install it ASAP and smash the peddle to the floor on the first warm day. Not sure if I have the patients to be all scientific ha.
I would have to go with option B....
Old 01-09-2015, 11:13 AM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Walter Call
Buyer be aware of Softronic software (see my post below)
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...-misfires.html
no offense, but you really don't have a leg to stand on. In your own post you state that you had the softronic tune for 4 years without issue, then in year 5 you experience misfires. Even Porsche doesn't warranty their cars past 4 years LOL!
Old 01-09-2015, 11:54 AM
therock88
Pro

Originally Posted by aa909
no offense, but you really don't have a leg to stand on. In your own post you state that you had the softronic tune for 4 years without issue, then in year 5 you experience misfires. Even Porsche doesn't warranty their cars past 4 years LOL!
^ Agreed +1000. Scott has been tuning these cars longer than just about anyone. I have his tune (Softronic) personally on several cars and they have performed flawlessly for years.

I also appreciate the character of the owner Scott Slausen, who is always willing to assist with any REASONABLE request. He has spent lots of time educating me over the phone or online and is very helpful.

DC

Quick Reply: Softronic Tunes SALE - Software Company...New Site & No Vivid!