Sponsored by:

PCCB Yellow calipers

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 11:42 PM
550bryan
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts
Default PCCB Yellow calipers

After time spent considering a range of interesting Porsches, I've landed on a 2009 turbo, 6 speed, well equipped with ceramic composite brakes. Although the car is in terrific condition overall it does suffer from couple of chips on the yellow caliper paint. If I can come up with the right yellow colored high temp paint the fix would be a snap, so can any of you experts put me on the right path for the high temp pain to do the job? Thanks for any help, B
Old 12-19-2013, 01:43 AM
PAULUNM
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Funny you ask. I have a set of 996 GT3 PCCB calipers on my turbo. They were slightly used (by mooty)- so they had quite a few chips. I planned to touch them up- so I bought some G2 caliper paint matched to Speed Yellow- which is what you need. Their normal yellow isn't an exact match.

I'm a little OCD, so I ended up having the calipers completely refinished by the paint shop that BBI uses. Came out perfect. But not inexpensive.

I never used the G2 caliper paint.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:51 AM
550bryan
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts
Default CL touque wrench question

I just acquired a turbo equipped with CL's, although I probably won't track the car I want to be able to remove the wheels should I choose. I've heard there are torque wrenches available for around $450, but that they are made in China and are of questionable quality. I've also heard the only tool to buy is the Snap On version which is around $900? but much higher quality. Any advice from you experts out there on this?

Quick Reply: PCCB Yellow calipers