Sponsored by:

Just arrived on saturday morning!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 04:32 PM
9LVN_TT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phillipj
Beautiful car.. I'm sorry but what did you pay for it? You are going to love it!
If he paid asking, he got a deal. I know what it was selling for as it was offered to me the day it went up for sale. I will let the new owner provide details if he wishes.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:42 PM
Jenner1
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paid 80. Bargain considering the 5 grand in upgrades that I would be installing over the winter anyways.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:41 PM
9LVN_TT
Pro

Originally Posted by Jenner1
Paid 80. Bargain considering the 5 grand in upgrades that I would be installing over the winter anyways.
That's a stellar deal in the Cdn market.

Congrats to you again. You got one heck of a deal IMO!
Old 11-26-2013, 08:48 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Congratulations on the new TT. As for the winter if you are going to store, fill the gas tank, add some Sta-Bil, over inflate the tires slightly, put the car cover on, put moth ***** around the perimeter to keep the mice away, plug in the battery charger, and you are good to go. Also check to make sure the oil was changed recently. Hope the winter goes fast, but in the mean time subscribe to Total 911 and catch up on your reading.
Enjoy the your Turbo, I know how excited I was when I brought mine home the first time.

Jay
Old 11-27-2013, 10:46 AM
Jenner1
AutoX

Thanks! Shes already sitting in a tiled garage with the bikes, battery tender hooked up and a makeshift cover until I get a good one ordered. I'll make sure its toped up with fuel tonight and add some stabilizer.

One thing I noticed was a sticker in the engine bay about Porsche recommending mobil 1 for oil. I know theres probably a hundred threads regarding what oil everyone uses but is there anything else I should be considering or just stick with the mobil 1?

This is a huge step up from my last sort of sports car lol. Had a hopped up 350z that was putting out around 380 hp. Fun car being rwd but it feels like a old civic compared to these beasts! I ran royal purple in that and I run royal purple in both bikes as well.

I know, I know.........Ive got reading to do over the winter!!! ha ha! That and figuring out which bike I'm selling!
Old 11-27-2013, 11:55 AM
Boeing 717

Received 262 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Jenner1
Thanks! Shes already sitting in a tiled garage with the bikes, battery tender hooked up and a makeshift cover until I get a good one ordered. I'll make sure its toped up with fuel tonight and add some stabilizer.

One thing I noticed was a sticker in the engine bay about Porsche recommending mobil 1 for oil. I know theres probably a hundred threads regarding what oil everyone uses but is there anything else I should be considering or just stick with the mobil 1?

This is a huge step up from my last sort of sports car lol. Had a hopped up 350z that was putting out around 380 hp. Fun car being rwd but it feels like a old civic compared to these beasts! I ran royal purple in that and I run royal purple in both bikes as well.

I know, I know.........Ive got reading to do over the winter!!! ha ha! That and figuring out which bike I'm selling!
There are enough oil threads to keep you reading for 2 weeks, but Its probably safe to say that the majority use the Mobile 1.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:31 PM
floridaBMW
Instructor

Congrats, I would die if I just bought the car and couldn't drive it. Must be killing you, bet u go thru the garage everyday to look at it.

Ken
Old 11-27-2013, 02:06 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by floridaBMW
Congrats, I would die if I just bought the car and couldn't drive it. Must be killing you, bet u go thru the garage everyday to look at it. Ken
^+1...truck the TT to Phoenix for the Xmas holidays. It seems like all my Edmonton/Calgary friends own homes/condos in Scottsdale.

But they also type with one finger - so maybe a different crowd?!
Old 11-27-2013, 04:30 PM
Jenner1
AutoX

I was toying with the idea of picking up a place in Phoenix a few years back but currently looking at property in Costa Rica. Roads down there would beat up a tt pretty quick though. I will admit ........I do sit in it every day after work!! I'm always in the garage though messing with the bikes and stuff though so this is just part of the family now ha ha.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:28 PM
ronole
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! Love silver on a Turbo.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:54 AM
AllanB
Advanced

Great looking car! LOL
Just picked up one also few weeks ago and it finally shipped to me here in Kelowna , it came from Edmonton.
2007 Arctic Silver, black interior, sport chrono, sport adaptive seats, around same mileage as yours. Tiptronic. Normal brakes, was bit worried about the maintenance and repair costs of the ceramic brakes and my car will not likely ever see a track.
Its stock but the guy did have Led taillights on it but I got the original lights as well.
I also just ordered a BMC filter for it ,they are very high quality and fit great got some for my SL55 as well. I don't want to do much for mods but might look at tuning and maybe some electronic exhaust for it.
And while its not too bad here in winter time still put my nice toys away from around end of October to end of February or so. I was only able to drive my 911 for about 15 minutes and stayed close to home as it wasn't legal to drive yet since have to do safety inspection of course which is very stupid and provincial , they should be national!
Here is pic of mine taken back in Edmonton. And have one taken in my garage will take some more nicer pics next year.

And heres one of my other baby my 07 SL55.

Last edited by AllanB; 12-12-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:18 AM
flyjets
Burning Brakes

Received 215 Likes on 131 Posts

Nice Rides now your making me miss my SL55 amg.

Ian
Old 12-12-2013, 06:11 PM
Porsche 25th
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrats! Now get out there and drive it like you stole it.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:00 PM
Goldstar
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Gorgeous car. Congratulations!
We're all looking forward to warmer weather up here.
The anticipation is kind of nice, most people complain that times by very fast.. I concur, but always think that I have something to look forward to in not too distant future.. So there is a silver lining to time moving fast, get to take the TT out of storage in the spring.
It will be here before we know it. In the meantime - happy thoughts!
Old 12-14-2013, 04:58 AM
Rogor
Instructor

Nice "Froggy", congratulations.
The exhaust system is something special. Do you know which brand it is or is it special made.
Also like the manual.
Did you drive the car? What is your opinion of the clutch driving from a traffic light?

Quick Reply: Just arrived on saturday morning!!