Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about a tune - Eurodyne?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 12:34 PM
9LVN_TT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thinking about a tune - Eurodyne?

Anyone familiar with the Eurodyne software for our cars? Anyone have it installed?

I hear Softronic, Promotive, FVD and GIAC are tunes to go with. Each of these seem to be unique in their own way in terms of power, install, tunability (if that's even a word).

I am looking of something that will give me a bump in power, will ensure the car remains and acts OEM IE: saftey features, drivability etc. I also want to have the ability to flash it back to the OEM software if necessary.

What are most of you are using and why?
Old 11-12-2013, 01:10 PM
rotesAuto
Three Wheelin'

Location: North Carolina, '12 cls63 '14 S550V4, 07TT-gone, 07Targa4S-gone
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

me personally I don't go for the tuning of cars........tuners will tell you what you want to hear to get your dollars IMO.....
I'd rather just have a high HP car from the start........

but NOT the 200K Mustang LOL
Old 11-12-2013, 02:05 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not familiar with Eurodyne, but The power gains from the tuners you mentioned is real and changes the character of the car for the better IMO. Eg more responsive at lower rpm, more linear power delivery all the way to redline and anywhere from 50hp-100hp of real power ganes. And if you don't have one get a free flowing exhaust along with your tune to optimize your gains

Do your research but there are so many examples of folks happy with many of these tunes that I personally recommend going with a well known brand
Old 11-12-2013, 02:42 PM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Call Kevin at UMW. He actually owns a 997TT as a development mule and is as knowledgeable about the Porsche turbos as anyone. I absolutely loved my tune he provided on my 996TT.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:50 PM
buzztt
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aa909
Not familiar with Eurodyne, but The power gains from the tuners you mentioned is real and changes the character of the car for the better IMO. Eg more responsive at lower rpm, more linear power delivery all the way to redline and anywhere from 50hp-100hp of real power ganes. And if you don't have one get a free flowing exhaust along with your tune to optimize your gains

Do your research but there are so many examples of folks happy with many of these tunes that I personally recommend going with a well known brand
this, there are 4 or 5 guys out there that are tried and tested and most people use, stick with one of those imo, personally i went with EPL and very happy with the results
Old 11-12-2013, 04:53 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree with the others.. There are lots of good tunes out there. I have the Protomotive race gas tune.. I love it.. But it's not the only good one.. If there is someone (a tuner) close to you that does 997TT tunes on a regular basis i would talk to them. See what they like..

If you can actually work with someone for your specific car and mods that is the way to go..Just make sure to do your research on whatever they recommend.. And like Art said a free flow exhaust is a must with any good tune..

I know that some folks don't believe in tuning their TT's.. But I have driven mine with and without a tune and the difference is quite amazing.. I could never go back to stock. By the way I have been driving mine hard on a daily basis for 3 years with a tune.. No issues of any kind..

And I can return to the stock map at any time..

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:29 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by 07_RS4
Anyone familiar with the Eurodyne software for our cars? Anyone have it installed?

I hear Softronic, Promotive, FVD and GIAC are tunes to go with. Each of these seem to be unique in their own way in terms of power, install, tunability (if that's even a word).

I am looking of something that will give me a bump in power, will ensure the car remains and acts OEM IE: saftey features, drivability etc. I also want to have the ability to flash it back to the OEM software if necessary.

Do you know Travis Hill?
He's local, does tuning and exhaust work with 997TT and TTS'. Happy to put you in touch if you don't already know him.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:54 PM
9LVN_TT
Pro

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Do you know Travis Hill?
He's local, does tuning and exhaust work with 997TT and TTS'. Happy to put you in touch if you don't already know him.

PM sent
Old 11-12-2013, 07:20 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by phillipj
I agree with the others.. There are lots of good tunes out there. I have the Protomotive race gas tune.. I love it.. But it's not the only good one.. If there is someone (a tuner) close to you that does 997TT tunes on a regular basis i would talk to them. See what they like..

If you can actually work with someone for your specific car and mods that is the way to go..Just make sure to do your research on whatever they recommend.. And like Art said a free flow exhaust is a must with any good tune..

I know that some folks don't believe in tuning their TT's.. But I have driven mine with and without a tune and the difference is quite amazing.. I could never go back to stock. By the way I have been driving mine hard on a daily basis for 3 years with a tune.. No issues of any kind..

And I can return to the stock map at any time..

Good luck with whatever you decide.
yup, stock ecu map feels dull, especially below 3K RPM. Even my Porsche tech recommended a tune when I bought the car LOL!
Old 11-12-2013, 11:38 PM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Aside from Eurodyne the others you mentioned are well known with dozens of happy customers.
Which ever route you go you will be impressed.

I like Art run Softronic for over 2 years without issue. Scott the owner of ST ha been supportive to any questions however his product gets a bad rap due to its main distributor Vivid.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:42 AM
shawsan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about tuners that provide a fuller, integrated package like Fabspeed or Techart? By 'integrated package' I mean headers, 200 cell cats, and exhaust, all twiqued to maximize effects of the ECU turn.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:01 AM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 526 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by 07_RS4

Nuclearfishn was also very positive with GIAC...check his posts.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:40 AM
magicjack
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed the softronic ecu tune this evening. I'm happy the drive characteristics, they are the same or minimally improved, especially with a manual.
When the turbo kicks in there is a noticeable difference. Its gone from remarkable to insane. I'm a bit scared of putting the pedal down right now especially with the fall/winter temps..

I went with them because of the good consistent reviews, good customer service and use of the obd via durametric tool, which I needed anyways.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:48 PM
Cheyne
Instructor

We have worked with Eurodyne for many years. Best in the business. We replace every other map with eurodyne that comes through.
These are all plots that show the difference between the "big" tuners vs Eurodyne

This is the killer, a simple cat delete with GT2 intercoolers and a custom tune.

Same boost

Old 11-16-2013, 11:57 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 64 Posts

I have had the Softronic Tune the last two years without any issues. I had the owner Scott Slausen do the install since I live 25 minutes from his location. He took great care in meshing a tune that complied with the exhaust and other mods that I had, not exceed or stress the engine unduly to produce any CEL's. As for the performance, it's truly an enhancement that is beyond description. She is tremendously fast, quicker than I ever imagined, and like lightening when in Sport or Sport Plus mode.

Jay

Quick Reply: Thinking about a tune - Eurodyne?