Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Front License Plate Citation!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 12:51 AM
shawsan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the millwork mounting bracket, placed on left, over toehook or whatever looks even dumber than a simple front mounted plate. Oh, by the way, ask your wife/partner her/his opinion on the value of having no front plate. Odds are great they'll just look at you as if you're crazy. Who cares they're likely to ask. You can reply in all honesty that a tiny minority of license plate freaks think this is really important.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:24 AM
Rob993
Rennlist Member

I had purchased my car from a province that needed a front plate and it had one. I cringed when i was removing the front plate as the province i live in has no front plate requirement. when it came off there was no holes and it somehow was fixed to the grill leaving no marks not exactly sure how it was afixed but tossed it and never gave it a second thought
Old 10-01-2013, 08:08 AM
Goldstar
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good quality Zipties work great.
Pass through the horizontal slats.
Attached Images  
Old 10-01-2013, 10:06 AM
rotesAuto
Three Wheelin'

Location: North Carolina, '12 cls63 '14 S550V4, 07TT-gone, 07Targa4S-gone
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that's a shame, you think police would have better things to do
Old 10-01-2013, 11:56 AM
2thdoc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shawsan
I think the millwork mounting bracket, placed on left, over toehook or whatever looks even dumber than a simple front mounted plate. Oh, by the way, ask your wife/partner her/his opinion on the value of having no front plate. Odds are great they'll just look at you as if you're crazy. Who cares they're likely to ask. You can reply in all honesty that a tiny minority of license plate freaks think this is really important.
I agree that it is ugly but at least the Millwork mount can be removed and leave no holes or marks behind. That way, I can remove it for pics or for a car meet if I really want to.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:44 PM
jrusovich
Intermediate

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 2thdoc
I just got pulled over last night and the cop gives me a ticket for not having a front license plate! I guess she had a boring night and didn't have anything better to do.

Anyone have an easy way to attach the front plate without drilling holes just to get the ticket signed off?

Thanks
In Houston the tickets are flying out hand over fist! If you have a couple of glasses of wine make damn sure you're not driving because the police will use the front plate issue as a reason to stop you. It's not worth it. get one! I have one on my '11 TT that actually looks great and I'm not removing it!
Old 10-01-2013, 01:35 PM
SBTT
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Have any of you tried the Skene Design mount? I don't want to drill holes in any of my cars, but some areas in CA are getting nasty about no front plate.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:44 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by jrusovich
In Houston the tickets are flying out hand over fist! If you have a couple of glasses of wine make damn sure you're not driving because the police will use the front plate issue as a reason to stop you. It's not worth it. get one! I have one on my '11 TT that actually looks great and I'm not removing it!
I agree...no reason to provide probable cause. I put on the US Mill tow hook - not ideal but the only time I see it is when I wash the car. I doubt anyone looking at the car is going to care one way or the other...except the LEO's.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:47 PM
roybotnik
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shawsan
Geez, don't take it personally. Sorry I don't like having a car that looks like it has a goofy overbite. I like the look of the offset plate and I will be able to remove it easily for washing. I just ordered one of the US millwork brackets yesterday.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:11 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldstar
Good quality Zipties work great.
Pass through the horizontal slats.
I'd use the tow hook mount instead of doing that, you're blocking the oil cooler.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:21 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We keep getting pulled over in Texas for no plate - 3 times in the last 3 months.

Just purchased a motorized license plate bracket that will show/hide the plate with the push of a wireless remote button. When hidden, nothing is visible. The concept is great but IMO it's cheaply made as the Amazon reviews indicate. But it should work until I can make a better one.

Amazon.com: Show N Go License Plate Holder - Fully Powered w/Remote: Automotive Amazon.com: Show N Go License Plate Holder - Fully Powered w/Remote: Automotive
Old 10-03-2013, 02:54 AM
2thdoc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911993
We keep getting pulled over in Texas for no plate - 3 times in the last 3 months.

Just purchased a motorized license plate bracket that will show/hide the plate with the push of a wireless remote button. When hidden, nothing is visible. The concept is great but IMO it's cheaply made as the Amazon reviews indicate. But it should work until I can make a better one.

Amazon.com: Show N Go License Plate Holder - Fully Powered w/Remote: Automotive
Interesting... Seems like a good idea.
Let us know how it works out.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:41 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 512 Likes on 188 Posts

So, I went to court yesterday for my no front plate ticket. Prosecutor declined to prosecute.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:36 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,242 Likes on 573 Posts

Originally Posted by SBTT
Have any of you tried the Skene Design mount? I don't want to drill holes in any of my cars, but some areas in CA are getting nasty about no front plate.
I have one. Not mounted it yet but I've seen them on and they look great. Better, more aesthetic etc... than the tow-hook mounts.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
So, I went to court yesterday for my no front plate ticket. Prosecutor declined to prosecute.
Congrats!! Now you can put that money towards repainting the 993 to a decent color! ---> Orange!!!

Quick Reply: No Front License Plate Citation!