Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In search for a 997.1 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 09:29 AM
estrellajon
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm in search for my next Porsche. I'm looking for a 2007-2009 997.1 turbo coupe with the right options. I found one 2 months ago that slipped through my fingers and haven't seen one since. The options I'm looking for are in this order of importance. 1. Adaptive seats 2. Sport chrono w/6 speed 3. Leather/alcantara combo seats with yellow or red stitching. Possibly it's a GT2 seats option? 4. Sport steering wheel 5. Ceramic brakes 6. Black interior Preferred exterior colors are: black, guards red, meteor or slate gray, GT Silver and white. Miles below 40k miles. But below 30k is better.

Last edited by estrellajon; 09-29-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:10 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 190 Likes on 107 Posts

porsche.com has quite a few...check there, autotrader, etc.

6speed?

Budget?

What are the 'must have' option in the list above? In other words, if you found the car with 4/6 of those, is that worth going forward, or must have all 6? The seat options are very rare, so you might find all but that, then you can change out seats if that's a must have.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 09-29-2013, 10:47 AM
estrellajon
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
porsche.com has quite a few...check there, autotrader, etc. 6speed? Budget? What are the 'must have' option in the list above? In other words, if you found the car with 4/6 of those, is that worth going forward, or must have all 6? The seat options are very rare, so you might find all but that, then you can change out seats if that's a must have.
Yes. 6 speed only. Forgot to add that part. I do look at most sites , AT, eBay, forums, DR, cars.com. Must haves are adaptive seats, sports chrono, and black interior. Budget varies depending on year and mileage and what options . Number can be from $70k upto $95k for a 2009.

Yeah I figured the seat option was rare. I found one out of state from a dealer but they won't take a down payment. Before I can arrange to fly out, the car sold locally.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:39 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If you are so high on the seat stitching remember that you can re upholster the seats in any configuration you like. There is an upholstery shop here that does all, the work for the dealer. They will do both seats (Seat cover and new foam) how ever you want for two grand. Genuine Porsche leather and their work is incredible.

Of course you would have the stitching on the dash but you could go this route if you wanted to..

I am going to have them do my seats next year. The only thing that gives away my cars age is the drivers seat..
Old 09-29-2013, 07:19 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by estrellajon
I'm in search for my next Porsche. I'm looking for a 2007-2009 997.1 turbo with the right options. I found one 2 months ago that slipped through my fingers and haven't seen one since. The options I'm looking for are in this order of importance. 1. Adaptive seats 2. Sport chrono w/6 speed 3. Leather/alcantara combo seats with yellow or red stitching. Possibly it's a GT2 seats option? 4. Sport steering wheel 5. Ceramic brakes 6. Black interior Preferred exterior colors are: black, guards red, meteor or slate gray, GT Silver and white. Miles below 40k miles. But below 30k is better.
Camax has an 08 997.1 TT, blk/blk, cab, PCB's, chrono, 6-speed, sport adaptive seats with crests, heated seats, sport steering wheel, 8k miles, $80K. Check it out. Not affiliated with Carmax.

Last edited by 4ocious; 09-30-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:49 PM
estrellajon
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by phillipj
If you are so high on the seat stitching remember that you can re upholster the seats in any configuration you like. There is an upholstery shop here that does all, the work for the dealer. They will do both seats (Seat cover and new foam) how ever you want for two grand. Genuine Porsche leather and their work is incredible. Of course you would have the stitching on the dash but you could go this route if you wanted to.. I am going to have them do my seats next year. The only thing that gives away my cars age is the drivers seat..
Very interesting. That's definitely another option. Where do you go for this service.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:57 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man your so open to options and colors. Wonderful! Willing to get anything from a 07-09. I'd just relax and wait to pull one on a loaded deviated stitched car. The seat option I think with leather/alcantara you could do aftermarket if desired and easily matched the deviated stitching making a + example vehicle. But I would draw a line through that option as that will kick everything out IMO (I don't remember those seats being on a code list.)

This was a build I did for a customer in late 06 -It's my perfect turbo except for the tip. PTS Polar Silver. Put some options on it such as aluminum backs on seats since you couldn't do PTS seat backs. I was glad he let me build it out for him (req to be a tip). Anyway, it was wholesaled to NJ from Brian Harris BR where I built it. So much fun building out those cars- I felt great when I'd get a call every couple of months from Beverly Hills or Houston wanting my dealer inventory cars. Because a damn enthusiast built it & not some lame guy who worked at Lexus previously. anyway I digress...

Can't wait to see what you get! Keep an eye on Porsche North Houston they run a side Lambo/ exclusive exotic side & it's really close to my area I could take a look if you found something. Throw that out to help.
Attached Images      

Trending Topics

Old 09-30-2013, 12:10 AM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

I'd been meaning to post some of these photos for awhile and since your so open to getting a top spec Turbo. I took these photos @ exclusive dept section of Stuttgart factory. I was on the tour as a civilian and exposed myself by answering where the Porsche "356" got it's number. Sometimes it's worth standing out. I got a great lunch at the factory restaurant after the tour since the exclusive dept was at lunch. It was a wonderful free lunch. (That's not on the tour.) Anyway cheers!

PTS Fountain Blue
LTS Uppers Maserati Blue w/ deviated stitching
Lowers Sea Blue

BUT WTF is up with the phone? is it 1987 or 2007? Terrible IMO
Attached Images     
Old 09-30-2013, 01:18 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Nice cars, but sea blue is much darker, almost black.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:47 AM
estrellajon
Burning Brakes

Thanks German_Saint and TTSurgeon. I fell in love with the black 07 with leather/alcantara with yellow stitching matching the seat belts. Had CB, sport steering wheel wrapped in alcantara. It could be a special wishes car as I don't see it around. It sold in 3 days. I did a buy it now on eBay so I technically won it but got notified it was sold locally that day. Fkrs.

Finding the right combo is tough which is what I look for in all my cars.

Even PCB are hard to find :-/
Old 09-30-2013, 01:20 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Nice cars, but sea blue is much darker, almost black.
I have them reversed in colors then- Sea Blue uppers with masi blue deviated stitching. Lowers Masi blue?> anyway those are the colors the gentleman told me the car had at the dept and I tried to put them to memory. Details mixed- glad you corrected me.

I wanted to do a Polar Silver with this interior after seeing it at the factory. I'll do it one day for myself. Euro delivery -

Originally Posted by estrellajon
Thanks German_Saint and TTSurgeon. I fell in love with the black 07 with leather/alcantara with yellow stitching matching the seat belts. Had CB, sport steering wheel wrapped in alcantara. It could be a special wishes car as I don't see it around. It sold in 3 days. I did a buy it now on eBay so I technically won it but got notified it was sold locally that day. Fkrs.

Finding the right combo is tough which is what I look for in all my cars.

Even PCB are hard to find :-/
Sounds like maybe a GT2 would be a good choice. IDK $135k? just did a cars.com search i'm all over it.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...&&aff=national

This is your car. PLZ buy it
Old 09-30-2013, 01:39 PM
estrellajon
Burning Brakes

^^^ GT2 is out of the budget.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:25 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

haha no worries. You just talked about the yellow stitching etc. that's the car that came to mind. I was looking over on a GT3/GT2 prices thinking about it for myself. seems the right number is about $120k.

Also reading about some PTS cars- the fun part is just being in the mkt & being able to pull a trigger when you find the 1.

Enjoy
Old 09-30-2013, 02:35 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Sorry man, not trying to be a smartass, just remembered my old car having a much darker blue int

9sea).
c
Old 09-30-2013, 02:38 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

read the ad this seems legit IMO.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=3

Quick Reply: In search for a 997.1 Turbo