Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Igooz, EE=Electrical Engineer
Old 08-16-2013, 08:30 AM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 494 Likes on 276 Posts

^You mean smart guys!
OT: We need more engineers in this country (US)...to bring back great products!
Old 08-16-2013, 01:51 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 105 Likes on 83 Posts

Been wanting to get someone to show me some stuff(code). I can't find anything on the Internet. I am assuming that Porsche keeps an adaptation code(password) for the parameters. The Collection in Miami deals with GIAC so it must be good. The only way I would do it is if I saw physically what the modified. If they go thru the OBDII port or actual IC chip. The good companies will do the IC Chip. I am assuming of course.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:54 PM
nuclearfishin
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I pick up my car from WMS tomorrow after getting the GIAC tune. I'll update once I take it to the track and have some hard numbers to compare. Since I only got the tune it should give a good idea of how/if it translates into performance gains.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:02 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

Thanks, looking forward to it!
Old 08-22-2013, 11:05 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 494 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by nuclearfishin
I pick up my car from WMS tomorrow after getting the GIAC tune. I'll update once I take it to the track and have some hard numbers to compare. Since I only got the tune it should give a good idea of how/if it translates into performance gains.
will you be able to do before and after dynos? If not, try and make some baseline performance measurements with your car "as is" so that you can compare afterwards...you know what I mean?...
Old 08-22-2013, 11:15 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts
Default Warning, Plug Replacement, It's Really Required

I'm prepping my TT for an ECU reflash which includes new spark plugs and Forge metal diverter valves. My TT has 27K on the speedo and the plugs are original OEM. The car runs great so when it was up on the rack for the diverters the mechanic noticed my TIP trans was leaking so I asked him to hold off on the plugs and repair the trans; I would do the plugs later. After re-thinking my decision and reviewing some plug thread replacement warnings I decided to go ahead with replacing them. I'm glad I did! It seems the plug and head are two dissimilar metals that will fuse and bond over time. Mine were in the process of doing just that and were a B--ch to remove. The cost of a new head is $10K so I dodged that bullet. Bottom line, if you have OEM plugs and your TT is running great (as mine was) you should still replace the plugs before it's too late!
Old 08-23-2013, 12:15 AM
nuclearfishin
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Igooz
will you be able to do before and after dynos? If not, try and make some baseline performance measurements with your car "as is" so that you can compare afterwards...you know what I mean?...
No dynos but I have 30+ runs on the track with the car totally stock. The runs are very consistent and will make it easy to compare any real world gains in performance. The GIAC tune also allows you to switch back and forth between stock with the push of a button, so that will make comparison easy.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:27 AM
SMB
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahem - sounds like we need a proper Multi-variate factorial test here by a qualified mathemetician/statistician will volunteer

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Old 08-23-2013, 08:31 AM
nuclearfishin
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SMB
Ahem - sounds like we need a proper Multi-variate factorial test here by a qualified mathemetician/statistician will volunteer

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Ha, I agree, since I teach research methods in a graduate program I will be sure to give it the full treatment! I will run the car stock, then with the tune, and then finally with the tune and race gas. I don't trust dyno reports and opinions of "it feels more responsive," but 30-40 runs on the track will give me a good comparison to the pre-tune state. Did I waste my money? I hope not, but I will know for sure very soon.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:30 PM
SMB
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nuclearfishin

Ha, I agree, since I teach research methods in a graduate program I will be sure to give it the full treatment! I will run the car stock, then with the tune, and then finally with the tune and race gas. I don't trust dyno reports and opinions of "it feels more responsive," but 30-40 runs on the track will give me a good comparison to the pre-tune state. Did I waste my money? I hope not, but I will know for sure very soon.
Fractional factorial might save some reps

'08 911TT, White/Cocoa Brown, 6 speed, LSD, S. Chrono - all stock
Old 08-24-2013, 08:41 PM
ISFtoTurboS
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with the tune! I was thinking of going the tune route but decided to do exhaust first so when I do my tune later on, I'll be able to tune it with the exhaust.

You need to get those runs standardized based on DA for that particular day and fuel load. Those all have impacts especially the DA. dragtimes dot com allows you to go to the particular track and particular day and hour and it'll have the DA on record.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:26 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by atcbi5
Been wanting to get someone to show me some stuff(code). I can't find anything on the Internet.
You need to look harder...
Old 08-25-2013, 09:16 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 105 Likes on 83 Posts

Trying but the Internet is not helping. Might have to put bigger Holley carburetors to increase the CFM. Maybe nitrous.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:53 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by atcbi5
Trying but the Internet is not helping.
click the link that I posted above...

Quick Reply: Info GIAC ECU Reflash