Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I sell my baby - help!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 12:59 PM
porschestrabeturbo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great feedback - thank you!! I said this was a tough decision -- even among the converted, there is a tie vote.

Boeing - Loved your very generous offer to babysit while I am gone

tcsracing -- yes, it is a manual. I totally forgot it would be extinct by the time I return... WOW

But, to add fuel to the sell side - DH just sold his baby, so it is going to be really tough to justify keeping mine without extreme guilt. and while the manual part does bother me - I do love the idea of doing a German delivery on a new one, like Igooz mentioned. That would be loads of fun!

Yesterday, I was definitely keeping it. Today, I am climbing the fence. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? I have given myself until Friday to decide - so please keep the advice coming.

and while your at it, please let me know the do's and dont's on selling. DH was lucky - he had an office mate who bought his M5. Unfortunately, I don't know a lot of passionate drivers like all of us - and if I decide to do this, I want my TT to go to a GREAT home!
Old 06-12-2013, 05:41 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

I stored my 90 Corvette ZR-1 for over two years while living in Saudi Arabia. When I returned it was as if I had never left. IMO, an 09 997.1 is the best 997 to own; Mezger engine, PCM 3.0, better everything. If it's a 6-speed better yet. 09's (again IMO) will be hard to replace/find in the future - keep it.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:38 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

The car is worthy of being in a barn for the next 20 years. 6 speed 997 turbo cab is a great end of the line short wheel base manual tranny 911 rag top.

I have a 2007 Shelby that i was going to keep however Ford kept building better replacements of that model therefore it wasnt worth parking while i moved away.

A stick shift turbo is never being replaced by porsche therefore I would really need to be pinched for space to get it out of my hands...

If you can afford to keep it and have a place to store it then let it sit and become a classic.

993 turbos are 17 years old and still fetching $100k.... just sayin'

Quick Reply: Should I sell my baby - help!!